The Band “self-titled” album 50th anniversary edition is out in November! (Bob Clearmountain 5.1 Mix!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Dumbass Poopster still has the painful task of getting this one ordered. Yes I want it, but I'm cringing at the price (OK, so I'm a bit of a tight wad!) I think I'll wait till Black Friday/Cyber Monday and see if a deal shows up. 🤞
But there just might be a chance it's one of those that sells out as fast as a Popeye's Chicken sandwich!

View attachment 43789
My eyes have popped!!!🤪Pups.

Is there a “spotlight” on this title yet? I’m interested in early reviews.

I expect great sound quality - as the original stereo mix was rather great, and a surround mix that tops the Big Pink later 5.1 mix being that I think they have more tracks to work with here.

Well Dumbass Poopster still has the painful task of getting this one ordered. Yes I want it, but I'm cringing at the price (OK, so I'm a bit of a tight wad!) I think I'll wait till Black Friday/Cyber Monday and see if a deal shows up. 🤞
But there just might be a chance it's one of those that sells out as fast as a Popeye's Chicken sandwich!

View attachment 43789

But Pupster🐶

But then again, Pupster🐶, you can sure buy a lot of Popeye's chicken🐓sandwiches for $150

See the source image

But then, realistically, Pupster 🐶 how many times are you actually going to play THE BAND in 5.1 whereas when you eat all those Popeye chickie🐓sandwiches your tummy [and intestines] will surely REPEAT on you...over and over again...sort of like Groundhog deja vu!

And only a dumbass POOPSTER would ever mistake this for a chicken
🐓

Last edited:
Is there a “spotlight” on this title yet? I’m interested in early reviews.

I expect great sound quality - as the original stereo mix was rather great, and a surround mix that tops the Big Pink later 5.1 mix being that I think they have more tracks to work with here.
I haven't seen any - but its not released until 15th November in the UK

I ended up ordering from JPC in Germany and they had the release date set to November 22. I decided to include the Super Deluxe of Music From Big Pink in my order as well and JPC offered the best price for the combo - compared to domestic prices in Sweden I save around 600 SEK equivalent to approx. 60 USD.

I realize you're all on tenterhooks about my amazon uk shp status.
I did not get the delayedrelease email but yet I didn't get a dispatched email this am either.
Chatted them up after work, great AI system.
Shipping Monday, arriving Thursday.
We'll see.
Oh look, less than 30 mins after my post, I get a dispatch email form Amazon UK.
Liars :)

BTW, this is free advice.
Speaking of AI, I've worked in software since 1983.
Invest in good AI companies stock.
Only way is up.

Last edited:
UGH. MIne shipped 2 days ago (Popmarket), but I guess even though shipped from Kentucky......and I Live in Illinois....I won't receive until next Tuesday?

How the fuck does this happen? Kentucky is only a few hours away, so not sure how the shipping route is determined. My copy is currently in Pennsylvania I guess. Jesus Ache Crist.

I am listening now to this new release, arrived today. When listening to classic albums of my youth, especially ones that I have always loved, I love all The Band releases, but this most likely my favorite, I absolutely love, love, love this in surround (5.1 DTS-HD Mstr).
I can't wait to listen again.

Listened to the DTS 5.1 this evening, including the alternate takes. All I can say is....gulp...knot in my throat...this is soooo good. You’re gonna love it, feels like you are in the middle of the session on many of the tracks. Clear vocals and instruments, surrounds used extensively throughout. But it’s the music...what talent they were, and it’s hard to believe it’s 50. Oh to be home agin...

Back