'The Beatles' - The White Album Listening Thread - Your thoughts

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Let's keep the poll thread for voting, and this thread for your experiences listening to this release BEFORE you vote.

The Good, the Bad, the Great. Let's hear it here!

NOTE: I closed the pre-release thread, so let's keep the current talk here. It will make for a cleaner experience for all. I am sure we'll get a lot of reactions. Ryan will create the official poll thread this weekend, but please, digest the album and mix before you vote.

Last edited:
337fe56271851cc326caf6795a35cdb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK - I have a nice big smile on my face.....so far, so good. Back in the USSR, the jet sound for sure goes around the room. Fidelity is strong. Good activity in rear speakers. Same with Prudence....nice activity. My knee jerk comment is, this sounds quite a bit better than Pepper. So far.... whoop!! I think it's gonna be a winner gang. :)

I like that: "sounds quite a bit better than Sgt Pepper" GOS :LB

Not sure about getting this release - Sgt Pepper sounds terrible on my system, and I never play it.

Looking forward to more positive reviews :SB
Well, I'm trying not to get too carried away with comparisons. So far, I honestly think they might be night and day. I'm on warm gun now and it sounds great. There is absolutely NO harshness on this one...which I felt was Pepper.

Back