The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got home at midnight last night from business trip to Arkansas....and The Dukes was sitting on the front porch. Just listened now, and it's great. REally cool. As everyone says, such a damn bargain...can't believe it. My Amazon US order ended up being $22 shipped.
My copy arrived today. I received the same $5.43 reduction in price from Amazon. I would have been pissed if GOS had gotten the discount and I didn't LOL!

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Man, this is one fantastic release! I love everything about it - the artwork, the booklet, the songs, the mix. I listened to it twice thru last night and it’s just pure sonic ecstasy! Some of these songs are addictive as crack. Take Vanishing Girl for instance. I simply can’t get that sweeter than sweet chorus out of my head and I could probably listen to it 100 times in a row. Thank you Andy and Steve. Wow!

First spin....just on the second track...already thinking this may very well be the surround release of the year. Perfect music for letting SW go to town and have a blast with a seriously fun mix.
I thought about nominating it as this year’s surround release myself, Doppel. Coming on the heels of the fantastic Abbey Road release, I hesitated. But when only considering the surround sound experience, Psurroundabout Ride is the clear winner. You can almost see Steven smiling as he prepared this outrageously fun mix.

I thought about nominating it as this year’s surround release myself, Doppel. Coming on the heels of the fantastic Abbey Road release, I hesitated. But when only considering the surround sound experience, Psurroundabout Ride is the clear winner. You can almost see Steven smiling as he prepared this outrageously fun mix.
I understand and agree about the total surround sound experience being more impressive than AR Kid; but I'm feeling there's more to consider also. I've been hearing Abbey Road for 50 years now, but the music of Psurroundabout Ride is new to me (something new, shiny and different dangling has a profound effect.) Then I have to consider what's appropriate to the music for the mix. But for sure, it's up there near the top for me as well.

I understand and agree about the total surround sound experience being more impressive than AR Kid; but I'm feeling there's more to consider also. I've been hearing Abbey Road for 50 years now, but the music of Psurroundabout Ride is new to me (something new, shiny and different dangling has a profound effect.) Then I have to consider what's appropriate to the music for the mix. But for sure, it's up there near the top for me as well.
Absolutely agree, Pupster. Abbey is sacred ground for most of us while the Dukes may actually be a totally new and great experience for a number of us like you and I. I will add that there’s not much that’s gonna beat the Dukes bang-for-buck. The XTC and Yes Blu-ray releases are the best in that regard and I wish they were the norm and not the exception.

The XTC and Yes Blu-ray releases are the best in that regard and I wish they were the norm and not the exception.

I will add as an aside that the 50th Anniversary Crimson King has progressed to blu-ray in hi-res with bonus instrumental mixes, looking forward to this, the bang/buck ratio sufficient for me to purchase again.

I will add as an aside that the 50th Anniversary Crimson King has progressed to blu-ray in hi-res with bonus instrumental mixes, looking forward to this, the buck bang ratio sufficient for me to purchase again.
Oh yeah, me too. I’m hoping that Giles’ drums sound better than the cardboard flatness I heard on the DVD-A release, although I’m not sure there’s much Wilson can do about that!

OK....I personally cannot stand XTC. But, this wacky mix is awesome.
LOL! OK, that was a little harsh.... I have tried my damn'est to like XTC. I've purchased every single release in 5.1.....trying to like them. I've sold every single release in the end. But......I'm all about psychedelic music. XTC (Dukes) do an awesome job on this.

Back