The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a Q&A on an XTC fan page:
xtc-surround.jpg

Great news if it's true. (Do we know who Camille Henry is when she's at home? Does she speak with any authority--i.e., does the "AP" mean she's speaking for Andy?) Nothing new in the Apehouse Twitter feed lately...
She leads a fan club. Yes, that message was from Andy.

I’d love it if there have been fresh finds but It's not really saying there has been. We know that other albums have been ‘found mostly’ eg english settlement. Im sure the series will continue with all the bonus material, its just a case of how many upmixes make up the 5.1 tracks. Was it really 2 years between black sea and Dukes?

Nonsuch oct 13
Drums and wires oct 14
Oranges and lemons oct 15
Skylarking oct 16
Black sea nov 17
Dukes oct 19

Last edited:
I think it's been said in the past that they definitely have all the multis for both volumes of Apple Venus, so that one will probably come out at some point. Personally, I'm more interested in the '80s stuff but I'll buy whatever they put out in surround :)

I've really grown fond of Wasp Star. A two-fer with both volumes: even better. But I'll take anything, in whichever order Andy sees fit.

I think it's been said in the past that they definitely have all the multis for both volumes of Apple Venus, so that one will probably come out at some point. Personally, I'm more interested in the '80s stuff but I'll buy whatever they put out in surround :)

Fingers crossed. Apple Venus is the one I've waited for since the beginning (7 years!!!! o_O)

Last I talked with Steven (a week or so ago), he didn't mix any new XTC I'm sorry to say.

Did he use the word ‘mostly’ at all :)

The Virgin years releases im guessing still have partial holes of masters missing for certain tracks.
Apple Venus and Wasp Star may require Colin’s sign-off which may also be problematic based on the state of his and Andy’s relationship...

Back