The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be the second album. But on what basis are they guessing? I'm not enough of a superfan to be able to decipher the clue in the Twitter post that @haikubass passed along earlier today.
Me neither! But if Go 2 is as quirky as Drums & Wires, but without any singles, I'm not sure how excited I'll be.

Me neither! But if Go 2 is as quirky as Drums & Wires, but without any singles, I'm not sure how excited I'll be.
I’d suggest you head over to YouTube for a listen. I like their first album White Music but most of Go2 sounds like the rejects from that first album. The first two albums should be a two-fer but I’ll probably buy it anyway just to support the release if it is Go2. But....and I say but. I will not purchase it right away unless it comes signed by Barry Andrews. Personally, I feel the first two albums should be left as is. And I’m saying this because they don’t matter to me. I like their catalog from Drums & Wires onward. Though, I still haven’t heard Apple Venus / Wasp Star. I’m saving it for when it comes out in Surround, at some point in time. I still hope it is their next release.

I only belatedly discovered XTC about 18 months ago, but they've swiftly become one of my all-time favorite bands. White Music and Go2 are of more historical interest to me than anything--they give me a sense of XTC's roots (Andy P says Go2 "was really that 'difficult second album'"), and I don't anticipate listening to either one of them repeatedly. I agree with @Perpendicular that they'd make a good two-fer. Like the debut album, it finds them still on the border between punk and new wave, with pronounced punky-reggae tendencies. Uptempo rockers, lots of guitars, simple orchestrations. "Are You Receiving Me" was apparently a US single, though I think "Meccanik Dancing" is the more interesting tune.

Last edited:
I’d suggest you head over to YouTube for a listen. I like their first album White Music but most of Go2 sounds like the rejects from that first album. The first two albums should be a two-fer but I’ll probably buy it anyway just to support the release if it is Go2. But....and I say but. I will not purchase it right away unless it comes signed by Barry Andrews. Personally, I feel the first two albums should be left as is. And I’m saying this because they don’t matter to me. I like their catalog from Drums & Wires onward. Though, I still haven’t heard Apple Venus / Wasp Star. I’m saving it for when it comes out in Surround, at some point in time. I still hope it is their next release.
There are some very good outtakes from GO 2 written by Barry Andrews but rejected for release. It probably hastened Barry's departure from the band though he and Andy seem to be on talking terms at least. I would be happy if everything from GO2 period was released

I think the clues could mean "White music"..the two glasses...."this is pop" which has the lyrics."Drinking sodas as cold as frost " the clock could be "all along the watchtower" and now they are advertising "heatwave" t shirts.....just a thought....could also be a 2 fer with Go2 and have a Barry Adams signature in the pre order give aways.

Last edited:
Those teasers being posted on the APE House Twitter can't be for the next XTC remix.
The first teaser clearly has the hashtag #newmusic

I donno--a new remix, a new release of any kind...it all qualifies as "#newmusic" in my book. And Andy P did previously say to expect the next SW remix in late summer. (Although admittedly there are two months left of summer in the northern hemisphere, thank god.)

Anyway, the speculation reminds me of Kremlinology. I don't think there's a clear answer. But I'll be interested to see the eventual result, regardless.

Last edited:
I think the clues could mean "White music"..the two glasses...."this is pop" which has the lyrics."Drinking sodas as cold as frost " the clock could be "all along the watchtower" and now they are advertising "heatwave" t shirts.....just a thought....could also be a 2 fer with Go2 and have a Barry Adams signature in the pre order give aways.
I suspect its a new Andy Partridge release because of what appears to be the tops of letters in his name on one of the hints. The first two albums are not my favourites but they do have some good stuff. I like the idea of both released together with lots of extras though.

I suspect its a new Andy Partridge release because of what appears to be the tops of letters in his name on one of the hints. The first two albums are not my favourites but they do have some good stuff. I like the idea of both released together with lots of extras though.
Whatever the next XTC release turns out to be, I hope the new AP album is bundled with it. :love:

Back