The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something just happened that I need to post.
We went to a Boy Scout auction fundraiser last night. My boy is a senior scout and we volunteered to help out running it.
After things had started we sat down to dinner and drinks and watched the auction list items and vacations I can't afford.
During this somebody stops by to sell raffle tickets. $50 so I buy one and my better half chooses a playing card.
After the auction concludes they call out raffle winners. This is by playing cards.
We hear two of diamonds announced.
We realize we have the card so she stands up.
We won!

So we go to the table to pick up our prize.
It's wine lot #2

Its valued at over $1400

Not because it's 500 bottles of wine but because several are over $100 each.
This is worth like two Camel box sets!
This should probably go in the wine thread but I can't find it
Oh yeah they had some good microbrews there I enjoyed some Three Weavers think it had pomegranate in it

I now have to get insurance for my wine collection.....

Happy St Pats!
1000002158.jpg

C0AD3CCE-EEB6-4141-B1F7-C7F79F47F200.jpeg

Another beer from Bale Breaker in Moxee WA
Better than the hazy I tried last night.

(In Seattle this weekend where the single can selection at Total Wines has me drinking too much).

Beer 3, a stout by The Bruery brewed with Syrah and Grenache Grapes and aged in French Oak.
This was more of a wine with a hint of roast underneath. I didn't care for it but my wife joined in on our fun and saved the remainder for later.

Low carb so it should sit well in the fridge for a ~week after opening.

3 Sans.jpg

Beer 4 Hoppin' Frog Sextuple.
16% ABV in a tiny little can.
This was a very well done Belgian Strong Dark with all the character but not over run by any of the esters normally associated with Belgians.
I pegged this for the best of the day ... until the next beer.

4 Sextuple.jpg

Back