The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorting through some pics from Colorado last weekend....here's a few:

Flight at Worlds End Brewing in Cañon City:
[IMG]

Flight at Woods Boss Brewing in Denver:
[IMG]

And an extra I had at Woods Boss, "Vivette" NEDIPA with lactose and blackcurrant (8.4% abv, ibu n/a)...really enjoyed this one, should have brought a crowler back with me.
[IMG]

I tried a can of the Shiner Oktoberfest and was sorely disappointed. It was so bitter I wouldn't even finish it. That's so off style for a Festbier I don't even know what to say. One star!

Another home-brew in progress. This time it's a gose that we'll add some prickly pear to...done that before and it came out really nice (won a gold medal in that category at the local home-brew competition).

Almost time to chill the wort, get the carboy sanitized.

Another home-brew in progress. This time it's a gose that we'll add some prickly pear to...done that before and it came out really nice (won a gold medal in that category at the local home-brew competition).

Almost time to chill the wort, get the carboy sanitized.

So awesome! I used to love brewing home-brew. When I retire, I'm going to get back in the hobby.

I tried a can of the Shiner Oktoberfest and was sorely disappointed. It was so bitter I wouldn't even finish it. That's so off style for a Festbier I don't even know what to say. One star!
To be honest, I think Shiner is a horrible brand. I can't think of one beer from them I like. Ugh....

Seems like everyone is going the NE hazy/juicy IPA route today.
Yeah. I initially refused to even try them.....that is until I had a local brewery's version here in Normal, IL. I found it simply one of the best beers I've ever had. Unfortunately, I seriously doubt they market their beers much past Illinois. It's a Mango IPA, and I mean it's a heavy hitter...TONS of body, flavor and for sure....."MangoE" I've not found another from any other brewer that touches this one. But, I know there must be hundreds I cannot get and therefore, not try. :(

Back