The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharing with Mrs D, after kegging our prickly pear gose (which looks to be coming out very well) I thought we'd try this one - Area Two Experimental Brewing (Stratford, CT) "Synopsis - Prickly Pear" sour (6.4% abv). It's a decent sour but I'm not getting the taste of the fruit much, in fact we both wondered if I had opened the can of the Black Currant version as we thought it tasted more like that???
[IMG]
Awesome that Mrs. D likes her brew as much as you do!

Oktoberfest 2019 is almost officially here. I'm sure that you beer aficionados are already into it. My ability to drink beer in that quantity ended a long time ago. But I was able to make the event in Munich in 1979. I've never seen anything like it...that 1 litre mass, the huge tents, the animated Lowenbrau Lion, the beer maids carrying a bunch of mugs at one time, the group singing, and...the mother of all hangovers.

Enjoy folks!

A sour kind of day so far....out for lunch at Steel Bender Brewyard, had a small glass of "Kettle Run:A Solo-hop Sour" (5.75% abv, 20 ibu). No fruit in this one, just a light dose of Wakatu hops (New Zealand)
[IMG]

Company here for dinner, sharing a crowler of Woods Boss Brewing (Denver) "Fruity Flash" sour (5.3% abv, 23 ibu). Mango, pineapple etc...very good sour from to excellent brewery.
[IMG]

And now, a can of Ex Novo Brewing "Hello My Name Is Indigo Montoya" lemon and indigo sour (5.4% abv, 46 ibu).
[IMG]

The one at Oaks is the closest to the real thing cuz it has the German beer AND the carnival rides nearby.

Man, I'd love to taste that. I loved Sierra Nevada's original Otra Vez gose recipe with prickly pear.
I really like that one from Sierra Nevada, it's very different from ours, less fruit and more salty gose - hey, idea - I ought to get a can and mix with ours....might be the ultimate PP gose!

Small growler I picked up day, a refill of Brew Lab 101 "Wicked Pissa" NEIPA (6.5% abv, 55 ibu). Not a hop bomb or a juice bomb, just a pretty well balanced hazy IPA from one of the new kids in town - owner/brewer is one of Mrs D's brew-club members that decided to turn his passion/hobby into a business...he's off to a pretty good start too, quality stuff and he's getting good traffic.
[IMG]

Small growler I picked up day, a refill of Brew Lab 101 "Wicked Pissa" NEIPA (6.5% abv, 55 ibu). Not a hop bomb or a juice bomb, just a pretty well balanced hazy IPA from one of the new kids in town - owner/brewer is one of Mrs D's brew-club members that decided to turn his passion/hobby into a business...he's off to a pretty good start too, quality stuff and he's getting good traffic.
[IMG]
Heads up: all your posts show broken images on Tapatalk. If you toss out the alt text, they work:

Brewlab101-Wicked-Pissa-NEIPA.jpg

I see your pictures and I am like "ew Rogue again?" Then I realize it's just the glass.

Back