The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope never to grow out of enjoying a solid West Coast IPA. :) There are few styles I dislike, though. The guys from Mr Banks treated us on Tuesday to a serve of their 7.2% kettle sour, Passionfruit Parfait. Liberal use of oats, wheat & lactose made for a complex brew, which convincingly disguised its ABV. Gotta be careful, drinking beers like that; lucky for me, I wasn't driving! ;)🍻

Eh... It's alright, but it's artificially flavored. Won't be buying/ordering it again. I'm not sure if their Raspberry Crush is also artificially flavored. (And it's worth noting that 10 Barrel is owned by AB InBev.)
I had a Cucumber Crush the other night and thought of you! 😆

Sharing with Mrs D - a 12oz bottle of Bell's "Larry's Latest - Flamingo Fruit Fight" passionfruit & lime sour (5.0% abv). Pretty good sour ale - we've had a couple other passionfruit sours that were decent but this combo with lime works very well, bit of an added kick of flavor.
Bells-Flamingo-Fruit-Fight-Sour.jpg

I'm actually drinking some Napa Valley Cabernet. Love those...
Do we perhaps need a separate QQ wine thread?

Our dinner called for a nice dry red wine - went with this awesome local 2010 Casa Rondena "1629" red blend (Cab Sauv, Syrah, Tempranillo). The name is in reference to when the first wine grapes were grown in what is now the USA...and that was in this area of NM.
CR-2010-1629.jpg

Do we perhaps need a separate QQ wine thread?

Our dinner called for a nice dry red wine - went with this awesome local 2010 Casa Rondena "1629" red blend (Cab Sauv, Syrah, Tempranillo). The name is in reference to when the first wine grapes were grown in what is now the USA...and that was in this area of NM.
CR-2010-1629.jpg
Nice, 2010 huh? I don't stray too far from traditional Cabernet....it's always been, by far, my favorite. When I used to travel to Chile & Argentina I could get some super impressive wines for not much money.

Nice, 2010 huh? I don't stray too far from traditional Cabernet....it's always been, by far, my favorite. When I used to travel to Chile & Argentina I could get some super impressive wines for not much money.

The malbecs from down there are a great bargain for the price and generally go very well with the red meats.

Reactions: GOS
You're up in one of my fave wine areas, lots of very nice wineries. Whenever we get up that way to visit relatives we always plan for a day or two of tasting.
I kid. I'm actually a member at three wineries, two in Willamette Valley. I just want a separate wine thread cuz I am an OCD organized German idiot... LOL

I always thought those fruit flavored beers were for sissies. :LOL:
I will put my beer "manliness" (if there is such a thing) up against yours any day. I may like the fruitiest of fruit beers, but I also like the shit that puts hair on your chest.

Home late after grandkids soccer game and dinner, time for a pint (or two?) before calling it a night - he's got baseball in the morning, another soccer game at noon, more batting practice after that....

Going with a standard - La Cumbre "Project Dank - Spring Edition" IPA (7.5% abv, ibu n/a but usually around 100)
La-Cumbre-Project-Dank-Spring-Edition-IPA.jpg

Trying to decide what I feel like having, so while thinking about it I'll just pour from one of the kegerator taps - home-brew coffee brown ale
BDBC-Coffee-Brown-Ale201902.jpg

Back