The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a little cold and blustery here the last few days so I'm having a stout instead of the usual sour....La Cumbre & Beachwood Brewing "Endless Horizon" tropical stout (7.9% abv, 35 ibu)...pretty bold but very smooth.
[IMG]

in MI for a wedding, enjoying some of the CBS I picked up. (picture too large to post, imagine a deep, rich SRM 40 blackness with a creamy brown head giving of aromas of coffee, bourbon, malt and maple)

Rogue Dead Guy Ale is always in my fridge. Bell's Hopslam as well but at $19.99 a six, I can't afford it but once a week and special occasions!

A few of my favorite seasonals are;
Anderson Valley Winter Solstice
Bell's Cherry Stout
Bell's Christmas Ale
Bell's Hopsolution Ale
Breckenridge Christmas Ale
Great Divide Hibernation Ale
Left Hand Oktoberfest
Rahr & Sons Winter Warmer
Troegs The Mad Elf
Victory Festbier
Victory Golden Monkey Ale
Victory Winter Cheers

I had a Firestone Walker Sucaba Barleywine last night while watching the USMNT v Canada. It was outstanding, a perfect example of an English Barleywine. I just wish they distributed to Ohio, I would love to get some of that Coconut Merlin they just made.

ea6ee791c203bee60f939c296c5ca892.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of our local breweries does a red IPA they call "Don't Fear the RIPA."

We'd thought about doing another brew day this weekend but then one of Mrs DC's home-brew club guys decided to give us some more of his (he brews way more than he could ever drink)....got approx 3 1/2 gallons of his NEIPA, maybe 4 gallons of saison, and 3 gallons of cider. I connected the NEIPA to the portable co2 and tap (the 2 taps in the kegerator are occupied already) but after a bumpy ride home it needs to settle down a few days (the sediment is all agitated back into the beer).

So, for now...a bottle of Lagunitas "Little Sumpin' Hazy" NEIPA (7.2% abv, 50 ibu). Not bad, but had several better...it'll do for now though!
Lagunitas-Little-Sumpin-Hazy-NEIPA.jpg

Rogue Dead Guy Ale is always in my fridge. Bell's Hopslam as well but at $19.99 a six, I can't afford it but once a week and special occasions!

A few of my favorite seasonals are;
Anderson Valley Winter Solstice
Bell's Cherry Stout
Bell's Christmas Ale
Bell's Hopsolution Ale
Breckenridge Christmas Ale
Great Divide Hibernation Ale
Left Hand Oktoberfest
Rahr & Sons Winter Warmer
Troegs The Mad Elf
Victory Festbier
Victory Golden Monkey Ale
Victory Winter Cheers
Winter Solstice is top notch. I’m also a big fan of Breckenridge and Great Divide.

Reactions: GOS
I wonder if I can get Goosehead IPA in Montreal? In one way hopefully not, in another way yes, great!
Why? well I discovered that when I went to check-in on line this morning, that the companies travel agents have for my flight to Munich got me a waiting list ticket, so no guaranteed seat until boarding :eek: !!!! :mad:
But bizarrely my connecting flight from Munich to Tel Aviv is guaranteed, aargh!
:unsure: I wonder what they have booked me for my flight home to the UK..... stuck to the wing with gaffer tape?
If it goes awry I'll demand a crate of Goose IPA as compensation.

The Holiday Ale Festival in Portland started yesterday. I went down and picked up my cup, so of course I had to try a few beers. Had three really good BBA imperial stout type beers and one really gross Marzipan Blonde or something from Gigantic. Was terrible.

Back