The Vicar - Songbook #1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW. for those who haven't found it yet but want to listen to the complete album (introduced by DJ Stormy Monday), it's on Sound Cloud.
https://soundcloud.com/the-vicar-songbook

My impression: it is very song orientated (obvious with a title like that), some of the tracks lend themselves well for surround. Looking forward to the surround sampler.

End of this month was for the teaser - which will be uploaded tonight or tomorrow.
We are still (just about) on schedule for release date here, give or take a day or two.

How about Dave Stewart?

"Featuring The Vicar's unique string and chamber arrangements" fits in with Dave Stewart? Yes??

DGM has another couple tracks up - but the physical release now says "late March/early April"

DGM has another couple tracks up - but the physical release now says "late March/early April"

Yeah - sorry about that.
This happened because we have changed a coupler of things around & lost our slot at the factory.
Final version is getting delivered today, and the 2-track DTS-CD sampler will go up later today as well.

Thanks for the update/info Neil. I'm liking this stuff a lot, even in mp3...the 5.1 is I'm sure going to be worth the wait!

I feel confident the 5.1 will blow you away......:banana:

With permissions received, I can tell you all that this disc has an "overwhelming" surround mix. Track One is a mind bender. Upon first listen, I had to clear my head as my aged brain could not process the surround field without extra concentration.

The surround mix was so good, I thought it had been done by Steven Wilson, but it was not. (More on that later)

Needless to say, if you are a surround music fan, you HAVE to get fired up for this release because if this isn't enough surround for you, then you may as well "Go Back to Mono" with Phil! :)

The music grows on the listener with each play. Can't wait to hear what you all think of this release when it comes out.

NOTE TO THE OTHER BETA TESTERS: Neil says it's OK to discuss the disc in the open forum

With permissions received, I can tell you all that this disc has an "overwhelming" surround mix. Track One is a mind bender. Upon first listen, I had to clear my head as my aged brain could not process the surround field without extra concentration.

The surround mix was so good, I thought it had been done by Steven Wilson, but it was not. (More on that later)

Needless to say, if you are a surround music fan, you HAVE to get fired up for this release because if this isn't enough surround for you, then you may as well "Go Back to Mono" with Phil! :)

The music grows on the listener with each play. Can't wait to hear what you all think of this release when it comes out.

NOTE TO THE OTHER BETA TESTERS: Neil says it's OK to discuss the disc in the open forum
I,too, was stunned and amazed by the 5.1 mix. This is easily one of the most inventive and active mixes i have ever heard. And if you have a 5.1 system in the car-prepare yourself!!!

Just a word about the stereo mix. When I was auditioning the disc I could swear that the sound was coming from all over. I actually put my head to the rears to make sure I was actually listening in stereo only. This is soooo well done all around. TONS of content too.

Back