They Seem Like Owls, debut album Strangers CD/DTS DVD-V with Bruce Soord 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has mine (BTW it has the Customs label on it), thanks Dan.
Amusingly its been quicker from Chicago USA (posted Monday), than the album "The Dark Side Of The Moog" that was sent from Newcastle in the north of England on Tuesday and hasn't arrived yet and that is only about 350-ish miles away!
My copy has just arrived in England, thanks Dan.

Last edited:
Hi Dan,

A second package arrived today, this time its the first one you sent with no Customs label and covered in stamps - as it was my brothers birthday yesterday I shall give it him, and just maybe that'll convince him to get into surround music!

Cheers

Duncan

Apparently the clerk I spoke to on Saturday was misinformed (to be fair he was a UPS guy, not USPS... so totally my fault for not going to the actual source). I spoke with someone at the USPS today, and he said I need a customs form for each package and that the ones that were picked up on Saturday may or may not make it. :howl

There also seems to be some subjectivity to classifying this as a "larger envelope" or "package" which has two very different shipping rates ($5.10 vs $13.50). UPS charges $90US!! In the mean time I'm going to mail out another copy to all of my international buyers this evening as a "package" to ensure you get this new one. If you happen to get two... just kindly pass it on to a friend :)

If, indeed, I cannot mail this as a "larger envelope" I'll increase the shipping for FUTURE purchases to $10US. Considering BandCamp's and PayPal's cuts, packaging, and printing costs that's as cheap as I'd be able to go. I'm not a professional musican, so getting my music out there at no additional cost is a pretty big win to me. But I'll look into finding a distributor in Europe too.

Dan

Thanks Robert!

We're beginning to record a 10min single in the next couple weeks. Unfortunately, this will not be in surround sound. But I still plan on our next full length to get the 5.1 treatment.

We no longer have Billy programming drums, but we do have Luc Hess (formerly with The Ocean) playing real drums. Julien will be recording him this month. I plan to record guitars and bass next month.

Listening to this sinc a while. Yeah :) This is heavy stuff, may be not for everyones taste. But very good. I wonder what Dan is up to with They Seem Like Owls.

Any new music in the works Dan?

I've received my copy of Strangers (thanks Dan! :D), and look forward to spinning it soon, when I have a free evening. Having heartily enjoyed both Mr. Soord's surround releases of his own band's recordings, I'm keen to hear this! Also, my housemate immediately struck on the Twin Peaks reference, hahah; maybe one day I'll watch the series. Strangers first, though. ;)

Just found this thread.

And ordered the CD/DVD release.

Only found it, after checking out 5.1 releases for sale on Burningshed and it's out of stock.

And thought …hang on, I wonder if it's on QQ?

And by Jove it is.... (y)

https://theyseemlikeowls.bandcamp.com/album/strangers?token=EC-36L11484TT973635U
It is a great album. As there were problems with the distribution I actually received 2 copies. One is still sealed. If you are interested (well, you are ;) ), I can send you one for postage only.

It is a great album. As there were problems with the distribution I actually received 2 copies. One is still sealed. If you are interested (well, you are ;) ), I can send you one for postage only.
That's very kind of you Robert
I have not heard from
Daniel Cutright aka They Seem Like Owls...yet

We can PM each other

Cheers
Mike
If I end up with 2, I will gift one to my surrounded brother.

That's very kind of you Robert
I have not heard from
Daniel Cutright aka They Seem Like Owls...yet

We can PM each other

Cheers
Mike
If I end up with 2, I will gift one to my surrounded brother.
Alright, will send you a PM. I did not read the bandcamp page correctly, as it seems the cd/dvd combo is still available there? For sure the flacs and ISOs are. Dan is also a member here, so he may get a notification.

Back