Tom Petty amd The Heartbreakers Latest "Hypnotic Eye" Blu-Ray due July 29th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elroy

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
But is it in 5.1 like "Mojo" and "Damn The Torpedoes"? From an e-mail:

"Every 2014 Tour ticket will include Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers' new album, Hypnotic Eye. The album was recently described by Rolling Stone magazine as "maximum rock & roll" and "a decisive return to the concise Sixties-rock classicism of his first great New Wave era albums.

Hypnotic Eye will be available in CD, digital, high resolution Blu-ray audio and vinyl formats. The vinyl will be available as 1-LP or as 2-LPs inclusive of an additional track not available in any other format. Beginning June 3, fans can pre-order the vinyl, CD and Blu-ray audio editions on TomPetty.com and Amazon and can pre-order the digital edition on iTunes and Amazon. "

Hey this might in deed be in 5.1 as Ryan Ulyate is producer of the new album and Ryan did the 5.1 for DTT.
I just did some detective work at SHF and sent a private message to someone that introduced Ryan to SHH 4 years ago but unfortunately Ryan only posted a few messages back in 2010, well just got a private message back and I sure hope this information is correct as this was the reply: "If you are asking about the new Hypnotic Eye Lp released on July 29th --yes Ryan did the 5.1".
Things just getting better and better with 5.1 news this year.

peter

Blu-ray not good enough for you..? ;) it could be worse, it could be a DVD-V! :p

I prefer DVD V or DVD A for artists I don't love but mildly like :}. That way I can rip it, take out filler tracks and make a perfect album.

5.1 would be great but even if not I'll likely get the blu-ray anyway - it's priced reasonably and does have an extra song on it (which no doubt will turn up elsewhere, like the Japanese CD or something). Also interesting that the extra song was placed before the final album track and not just tossed on at the end - shows they gave the sequencing at least a little bit of thought and that doesn't happen often enough.

You can do the same with Blu-ray.

My laptop does not have a Blu Ray drive unfortunately. I thought about buying an external one but was told it was a difficult process(to rip), and required additional software?

Tom Petty's webstore just updated the product description:

Hypnotic Eye on High-Resolution Blu-Ray Audio Disc with Stereo and 5.1 Surround Mixes.
Includes the extra track "Playing Dumb" recorded during the album sessions

:banana:

Tom Petty's webstore just updated the product description:

Hypnotic Eye on High-Resolution Blu-Ray Audio Disc with Stereo and 5.1 Surround Mixes.
Includes the extra track "Playing Dumb" recorded during the album sessions

:banana:

OK its official - 2014 is the year of "Blu-ray Audio"...

Was thinking about pre-ordering but the shipping to Oz is a ridiculous $15.99 - almost as expensive as the blu-ray itself! I think I'll just wait till it's released locally.

Was thinking about pre-ordering but the shipping to Oz is a ridiculous $15.99 - almost as expensive as the blu-ray itself! I think I'll just wait till it's released locally.

Ouch! I'm not one to care too much about saving $2 or so on a pre-order but this is a little painful. I also don't want to miss out on a surround release I may like ever again. Is this available anywhere else at the moment? I haven't found it anywhere myself other than that mentioned?

Glad to see they confirmed that the release will be in 5.1. Can't imagine why it took them a few days to add that info since it is Petty's own site and he seems to be a strong supporter of 5.1 with this new release as well as Mojo and Damn the Torpedoes. Haven't pre-ordered yet, but this is one I'll definitely pick up.

Back