Travis & Fripp "Follow" 5.1 DVD Audio due Autumn 2012

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just read about the new Travis & Fripp album to be released on the high end speaker maker Bowers & Wilkins Society of Sound digital imprint titled "Discretion." It is a collection of live recordings in 24 bit albeit stereo only. You can read about it here http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Society_of_Sound/Society_of_Sound/Music/Travis-and-Fripp.html. Included in the press release noted above, it states;

"In addition to this recording, the duo has issued two CD albums on the Panegyric label: “Thread” (2008) and “Live at Coventry Cathedral” (2010) and toured Italy, Spain and the UK. A further recording, “Follow”, will be issued as a CD/DVD-A in autumn 2012. This set features new recordings in stereo (CD), with high resolution stereo, 5.1 MLP lossless Surround Sound and performance video footage (DVD-A) ."

I really enjoy what I've heard from "Thread", mostly from youtube clips, but I just haven't gotten around to buying it yet. I'll definitely pick up a dvd-audio though. Really looking forward to this!

This one is almost as if it was written and recorded with surround in mind - awesome soundscapes, and hard to believe it is just 2 musicians when you hear it.
Great stuff. Put it in the player, turn the lights down & the volume UP - the mastering on the 5.1 is designed to maintain all the dynamic range and no limiting for volume.

From Theo Travis his website, http://www.theotravis.com/news.htm

Travis & Fripp - 3
Work has been continuing on the new Travis & Fripp album. Theo has been at Steven Wilson's studio working on the mixes and they are now complete. Steven has also done a complete set of surround sound 5.1 mixes which are sounding awesome. It is thought this will be the first ever full album of Robert Fripp soundscapes in surround sound - so it should be very special. There are some surprises on this album so Theo hopes people will enjoy it. Because of the various DVD extras it will take some time to complete and probably won't be released until mid 2012.

So it is another SW 5.1 mix. Mr. Wilson is really amazing, doing all the work that he does, great!

Just to be clear, "Discretion" is a live album with, AFIK, currently a digital only release to be followed by (no pun intended), "Follow" which will be CD/DVD-A MLP to be released sometime in the upcoming months. Soundscapes in surround - very psychedl! BTW - I've done some basic upmixes (for my ears and eyes only) of a recent live Soundscape recording that was released as a digital only release via DGM's website accompanied by a slide show of NASA hi def space images - very cool - so I can't wait to hear it done the right way!

Arrived and on first listen this is by far the best Travis and Fripp album I have, and the mix master has done it again, with a supurb mix complimentary to the music and filling the surround field.
very happy surround bunny at the moment

Back