Universal Music to Remix Thousands of Songs Into Dolby Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any sense for when these mixes will see the light of day? It just feels so imaginary, at this point, to me.
I'm ready to gobble up some Atmos, especially if it's popular music, preferably that I like!

its been pretty quiet this year.. maybe an Autumn rollout to capture the Christmas market?

(sorry, Fall..!) 🍂

While I don't yet have an Atmos setup, due to constraints. I am hoping and expecting that I will sooner rather than later. The possibility of of locating sound in a 3D space rather than incomplete 2D space is huge to me. I am, for one super excited to see this announcement about newer Atmos mixes. Atmos is beginning to go (or already has ) mainstream. While it is debateable how how successful this endeavour will be, I will pick up any releases of material that are of interest to me.

hey we understand Autumn...

(and as another of my jokes "Falls" flat on its' face! 🤣
of course i know you know! i was just having fun as usual.

will it be "Autumn Atmos In New York.." or will "the Autumn Leaves drift by our Windows PCs..!" Summer will be gone before we know it.. if the weatherman says it's rainin' Atmos, you'll never hear me complainin'! 😂

Going back to an earlier post, the question for me is what format these end up in. Will these be digital? Will they be exclusively offered up for club use? If we are talking songs and not albums, will be see a return to genre-themed discs, but this time ATMOS enabled? Soooo many questions........

.mkv can house an atmos file so not sure why atmos has to only be distributed via physical blu-ray?

any software player that can play mkv and output via HDMI to a capable atmos receiver can play atmos files, not discs.

some car stereo's even play mkv so why not atmos in the car?

If Atmos could be put in every new car, or if the four speaker design already in cars could be used for a surround system, that would be a game changer.

tbh i've largely kept out of all the Atmos discussions at QQ, mainly because i don't have Atmos and can't see me being able to easily squeeze it into my shoebox of a room anytime soon.. but its been kinda depressing to see all the negativity towards the new Atmos music announcement, from the very people that should be lapping it up - us!

new surround music in any form can only be a good thing surely!? its a real reason to be cheerful about our surround music hobby (beyond the improbable but incredible Quad revival we're witnessing due to Vocalion etc) that the industry appears to be having another go at cracking surround music, despite previous attempts from Quad to 5.1 maybe not doing as well as the labels, manufacturers etc might've hoped in days gone by, they're giving it another go with Atmos, which has got to be something to applaud and welcome rather than rubbishing the whole venture before its even got off the ground! oh well... time will tell but even if i never go Atmos i hope for the good of surround music generally we get some great new music in the format and its a runaway success! bring on the Atmos! i'm not geared up but i'm ready! ☀
and the ability for non-Atmos users to get a 5.1 or 7.1 mix has to be a bonus. I am currently watching Season 6 of Game of Thrones in Atmos - on a 7.1 surround system :)

(and as another of my jokes "Falls" flat on its' face! 🤣
of course i know you know! i was just having fun as usual.

will it be "Autumn Atmos In New York.." or will "the Autumn Leaves drift by our Windows PCs..!" Summer will be gone before we know it.. if the weatherman says it's rainin' Atmos, you'll never hear me complainin'! 😂
Perhaps it's all part of your Autumn Atmos Almanac....

i like an anorak in the Autumn.
(and i love Paris in the Springtime!) :love:

maybe the upcoming Pink Floyd Later Years box will have some Atmos in it (innit!)?? this new Atmos push could do with some big hitters to knock it out of the park right out of the gate hot off the starting blocks and into the stratoatmosphere!! 🤩

Attachments

• kinks hat.jpg
    kinks hat.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 83
Would help if the know-nothing music press knew the diff between “remixing” and “remastering”, their overused blanket term for any new process they don’t understand. “Process” — as if creating an Atmos mix merely requires running stereo tapes through the Atmosizer 9000 (big, expensive black box with lots of blinking lights) — no human skill or intervention required. Or multitrack masters (whatever those are). You’d think these guys believe you can make a 3-D movie by “remastering” the 2-D original.

Oh wait ...

Back