Universal Music to Remix Thousands of Songs Into Dolby Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thousands of songs?

I will remain cautiously optimistic. Anything to further surround mixes I will support.

I’m a ways from deciding if I want or need to upgrade to Atmos. But if it takes off and they end up releasing thousands of great mixes in the format? I will more than happy to jump in. :)

Seems Amazon plans to roll this out in conjunction with a new “Echo Studio” which they say gives you 3D sound out of single little round thing for $200

Of course it will suck, but maybe it will help to turn a new generation of hipsters onto surround music?

It’s gotta sound better than the horrible sounding early generation Echo I have in my kitchen that the wife and kid use for their music listening. :(.

Maybe I can replace it with this and get them listening to SOME facsimile of surround music? :/

https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Studio/dp/B07G9Y3ZMC

Yeah the Echo is pretty bad with the sound, Snood got one of mine attached to a Harman Kardon Onyx which sounds tons better the rare times me do listen with the Echo thingy. :giggle:

Usually Amazon does presale major discounts to Prime members or mega reductions during holidays - would be interesting to test if it got low enough :unsure: but still do not think it would sound better than the Onyx

Can always send it back easily enough:giggle:

If anyone's there I'd love to know whether everything they're talking about is mixed from multichannel or not, I've read on SHTV someone saying the streaming (lossy?) version of Atmos already has playlists and they were listening on their....stereo (?) headphones...and it sounded great? That sounds more like the 8D rubbish that has invaded YouTube and BS explanations which have become "official answers" on Quora which peeves me off to no end.

If anyone's there I'd love to know whether everything they're talking about is mixed from multichannel or not, I've read on SHTV someone saying the streaming (lossy?) version of Atmos already has playlists and they were listening on their....stereo (?) headphones...and it sounded great? That sounds more like the 8D rubbish that has invaded YouTube and BS explanations which have become "official answers" on Quora which peeves me off to no end.

The stuff that's on Amazon Music HD has already been released on Blu Ray in Dolby Atmos I think... So I'd guess it's the same mix? Not sure what the bitrate will be or how you play it yet though?! 🤔

Looks like David Gilmore's just been added. Here's a pic...

Amazon.png

Also, there's some albums being mixed in Sony's 360 Reality object based format... Interesting article that might have been shown already :phones

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/amazon-echo-studio-does-dolby-atmos-what-music-fans-need-to-know/

Last edited:
The stuff that's on Amazon Music HD has already been released on Blu Ray in Dolby Atmos I think... So I'd guess it's the same mix? Not sure what the bitrate will be or how you play it yet though?! 🤔

View attachment 43512

Also, there's some albums being mixed in Sony's 360 Reality object based format... Interesting article that might have been shown already :phones

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/amazon-echo-studio-does-dolby-atmos-what-music-fans-need-to-know/
What, yet another format... :unsure:

View attachment 43512

How did you find the six or so Dolby Atmos albums on AM? I get no results.

Attachments

• AM_NoAtmos.jpg
    AM_NoAtmos.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 226
Humm

I think I can see the way this is all going. (being an old cynical bugger)

But if it highlights surround sound per say....then bring it on.

Just a little edumacation might be required for the unsuspecting masses.

Will it be another format war between Sony and Dolby...and....and...?

Interesting times folks.👂👂👂👂👂👂👂👂👂 👂👂+ 👂

How did you find the six or so Dolby Atmos albums on AM? I get no results.

I used the Amazon HD desktop app. I have to pay a couple of extra quid on top of the normal price for HD and update to the newest version...

I doubt they wouldn’t have them in the US... Probably just timing as I think the official release is in November?

Last edited:
Back