Veterans Day Salute

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blessings and love to all vets, serving in peace or war, alive or passed, on QQ or not. You have given selflessly so others may receive. It may be hard to see in 2020, but certainly the world is a better place because of what you have given.

You might remember Veterans Day started out as Armistice Day on Nov 11, to mark the end of World War One. In my Kansas City, Mo. we have the only nationally recognized WW I museum and accompaning Liberty Memorial monument. It's sobering to enter the front doors where an inscription reads, in part, dedicated to the end of The Great World War. Who knew there would be another one? And so many smaller ones after that for us.

The actual Liberty Memorial is pretty much an art deco cylinder over 200' high. At the top, at night (sometimes) you can see the Victory Torch. Which is large amounts of steam dispensed at the top with a red light illuminating it.

This year the Veterans Day celebration was bit bigger than usual, but with smaller crowds. It featured base jumping paragliding from the top of the tower to the park below. There were multiple jumps with war vets sailing down on the back of experienced gliders. The oldest was a 96 year old WW II vet, which is pretty awe inspiring:

https://www.kmbc.com/article/96-yea...y-memorial-lawn-kansas-city-missouri/34642329

Blessings and love to all vets, serving in peace or war, alive or passed, on QQ or not. You have given selflessly so others may receive. It may be hard to see in 2020, but certainly the world is a better place because of what you have given.

You might remember Veterans Day started out as Armistice Day on Nov 11, to mark the end of World War One. In my Kansas City, Mo. we have the only nationally recognized WW I museum and accompaning Liberty Memorial monument. It's sobering to enter the front doors where an inscription reads, in part, dedicated to the end of The Great World War. Who knew there would be another one? And so many smaller ones after that for us.

The actual Liberty Memorial is pretty much an art deco cylinder over 200' high. At the top, at night (sometimes) you can see the Victory Torch. Which is large amounts of steam dispensed at the top with a red light illuminating it.

This year the Veterans Day celebration was bit bigger than usual, but with smaller crowds. It featured base jumping paragliding from the top of the tower to the park below. There were multiple jumps with war vets sailing down on the back of experienced gliders. The oldest was a 96 year old WW II vet, which is pretty awe inspiring:

https://www.kmbc.com/article/96-yea...y-memorial-lawn-kansas-city-missouri/34642329
That’s beautiful @Sonik Wiz , thanks for sharing!

Home almost two years now. A bit worse for wear. Officially a disabled vet now!
Livin' my best life... in surround! Love you all.
NATO memorial Kabul.jpg

Back