Wanted - 2 disc SACD case

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh......I need the old style.

Yeah, those are tough to find. 😕 Moreover, there are two distinct types of slim-hinged SACD SJBs. There's the type with a side clasp opposite the spine - as the square-hinged SJBs also have - and the type with no clasp, similar to a standard CD case. The claspless SJBs also hold booklets the same way as a standard CD case - at top and bottom - while the clasped cases hold booklets from the left and right, like the larger SJB sizes do.

Hope is not lost, though! 😁 In the case of the claspless SJBs, some DVD-singles of the early 2000s were released in those. I stumbled upon a used copy of Richard Ashcroft's Check The Meaning DVD-single in a record shop, and at $3 (~US$2) it was a great opportunity to perform an old switcheroo, to replace the cracked case of my Rage Hard SACD. 😎 I hope this is helpful.

Were the heyday DVD-Audio releases in "Plus" or "King" SJBs? "Plus" is slightly taller than "Standard," whereas "King" is around the same size as a standard DVD keep case.

6abc_dsc_k2_6711.jpg
Hi all out there,
I wondered if anyone eventually ever found some of the SJB plus size cases? I'm looking for 5 or so cases.
I checked all the links provided here but they seem to be dead ends.
I'm using them for dvd-a's...I'm looking for some with the small size hinge ( ..but larger hinge would work, just a bit of cutting on the paper inlay @ top/bottom).
The case size would be approx. 5.6" x 6" (..this size is also 5 5/8" x 6" & 142mm x 152mm).
I found some on Amazon that are a 2 disc type case, the correct size & appear they'd would work: https://www.amazon.com/Original-Super-Fliptray-Double-SJBPlusFliptray-King/dp/B01A61SG62?
.....but this is for 100 cases & w/ shipping it's $120. Ouch!! Too many & too much. . In this original image here, it appears the largest size of the 3 is the correct one.
I'm wondering if anybody else found any SJB plus cases? Happy thanksgiving to everyone!

I like to put my DV SACD's in super jewel boxes, it makes them standout more from regular CD,s. The last batch of cases that I bought had the large hinge so you have to trim the insert even more. I too have been looking for double cases. It's sad that the cases for sale on eBay while not always overpriced do all come with such a hefty shipping charge, sometimes much more than the cases themselves.

Awhile ago I bought a few DVD-Audio sized cases (for replacement), again at a hefty shipping cost.

Super Jewel boxes in all sizes were an improvement over standard CD jewel cases, too bad they appear to be no longer made and are so hard to find.

Awhile ago I was looking to see if you could buy the hinged covers for CD cases. That is the part that always breaks otherwise you end up with a bunch of extra trays that you end up throwing away. I did eventually find some for sale but again the shipping cost made it not worthwhile.

Years ago when CD's just came out I hated the (standard) CD cases so much that I started using "Case Logic" binders to hold the CD's. That saved a lot of space. I used them mainly for compilation CD's; I like to keep things in alphabetical order which would of been next to impossible if all my CD's had been in such cases and had to be shuffled around each time that I bought a new one!

Awhile ago I was looking to see if you could buy the hinged covers for CD cases. That is the part that always breaks otherwise you end up with a bunch of extra trays that you end up throwing away. I did eventually find some for sale but again the shipping cost made it not worthwhile.

This place sells parts, although it looks like you need to buy the entire outer shell without the tray.
Price seems reasonable to me but I have no idea about shipping to Ontario.
https://www.sleevecityusa.com/jewel-case-parts-s/1843.htm

Also something :unsure:- there are some cases that hold two discs on the same spindle (not sure which ones those are maybe the 2L's) but they must be out there somewhere.
Kind of a hassle, those are though IMO.

Seems this is a good opportunity for some engineer to come up with new disc holders that aren't plastic (we're already drowning ourselves in it - don't get me started "North Pacific Subtropical Gyre") Plenty of discs being manufactured even if online is taking over.

Back