Quad LP/Tape Poll War: The World Is A Ghetto [Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate The World Is A Ghetto

• 10: Great Mix, Great Sound, Great Content

Votes: 1 7.1%

Votes: 2 14.3%

Votes: 9 64.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sound, Bad Content

• Total voters
What is meant by QR here? Far as I know the farthest the QR of this and the other War title got was an announcement, and UA never made the tapes.

Is someone claiming to have one?

I don't know of any UA quad reels.

World is a ghetto was released also as a QR, never seen "Deliver" or "Live" on QR.

World is a ghetto was released also as a QR, never seen "Deliver" or "Live" on QR.

I'd like to see some proof in the form of a picture of the quad reel. Although it was announced for quad reel, United Artists cancelled it according to what I was told. If it somehow came out later I don't know how it would have slipped by me.

The stereo version of "Live" was also cancelled, but later UA made some for Columbia House and at 7-1/2 IPS. Those are quite rare.

Nick "Quad First" has about everything ever released anywhere, and he told me that the War Q4's never came out, any of them.

QR for World is a ghetto appeared on Ebay some times ago... got to check out if i saved a photo of it.

Nick "Quad First" has about everything ever released anywhere, and he told me that the War Q4's never came out, any of them.

Ok, so who wants to remove the QR from my title? :D

But, more's the pity, huh? The reels are where some of the best sound can be found, so this fact is unfortunate.

ED :)

QR for World is a ghetto appeared on Ebay some times ago... got to check out if i saved a photo of it.

If you could find it, that would be amazing.
Hope it's not from one of those fake-quad a-holes.

Since we know the record and tape clubs did release a few quad items not available elsewhere, I wonder if there's some way to verify whether the War QR's were ever offered by them.

Since we know the record and tape clubs did release a few quad items not available elsewhere, I wonder if there's some way to verify whether the War QR's were ever offered by them.

No quad reels ever came out of Columbia House, that's for sure. Too bad too. I guess they'd have been at 3 3/4. RCA didn't offer reels at all, but I did receive a Magtec/Stereotape ad along with my monthly RCA catalog once that offered the Elvis Hawaii reel, but even that was just the stereo version.

I have this tape.... but I haven't listened to it yet. It's a black cart, and it has funky rainbow stripes around the album art. And yeah, 'quadrasonic', which is just plain weird. The track numbers are numerals. I can't wait to get my Technics RS-858 restored by Barry. I'm shooting for christmas money to help me pull that one off.

Why does the thread title mention QR? I was told the QR was cancelled. Has one ever been spotted?

Post 26: " Quote Originally Posted by JonUrban View Post
"Ok, so who wants to remove the QR from my title? ""

Looks like the title couldn't be edited.

Sure it could; forgot, that's all.

I liked ALL DAY MUSIC a lot; and this one very much, too.

WAR was a very unique unit of players. For me, it's ironic that their best material (1970-72) was outsold by their (1973-76) output, which became more and more a "WAR Formula" which is still heard on radio with "Why Can't We Be Friends," "Summer" and "Low Rider." I like those songs for what they are, but then the smooth cool of "All Day Music" first spoiled me, and the later singles seemed like retreading old tires for a worn Cadillac. The urban fear of "Slippin' Into Darkness"--a cousin in spirit to the Marvin Gaye version of "I Heard it Through the Grapevine"--and this album, are still riveting listening. And for too many, is the truth.

ED :)

Any thoughts on the channel assignment on this one? I think they might be off, but not sure....would like to hear some more opinions on this.

World is a ghetto.jpg A couple of years ago I had lent this one that I bought in Edmonton Alberta in about 1975 to Army of Quad along with a few other gold cart UA's I had. You might try him as he still will have the digital files I'm sure.

ken

Not sure if you guy's know this but the Cisco kid was a friend of mine.

Back