Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, my name is Alan, friends call me zoso from Monterrey, Mexico. I'm somewhat new to this forum, been looking to this for the past month, prolly. I was introduced to this forum/page by the guy who runs the YT/FB channel/page of Life in Surround.
I'm not that new to 5.1/surround albums, I just finished my 5.1.4 setup (upgraded from 5.1.2 to 5.1.4).

I've a taste in classic,progressive rock, metal, jazz, some pop, and whatnot.
Having that said, I can't wait for some of this years releases like Abbey Road, King Crimson - In the Court, Bruce Soord, etc... Hi y'all!

View attachment 42880
Welcome to QQ ! A lot of info and insight found here .

Beautiful pic. Maybe I need to visit California more often!
That goes without saying. When it comes to California make like eggs and come ova.
etr62019.2crop.jpg

Hi, my name is Alan, friends call me zoso from Monterrey, Mexico. I'm somewhat new to this forum, been looking to this for the past month, prolly. I was introduced to this forum/page by the guy who runs the YT/FB channel/page of Life in Surround.
I'm not that new to 5.1/surround albums, I just finished my 5.1.4 setup (upgraded from 5.1.2 to 5.1.4).

I've a taste in classic,progressive rock, metal, jazz, some pop, and whatnot.
Having that said, I can't wait for some of this years releases like Abbey Road, King Crimson - In the Court, Bruce Soord, etc... Hi y'all!

View attachment 42880
Zoso, with a kit like that I assume you’re in a band. What type of music do you play?

Hi and thanks for letting me in - inside the world of quad.

My name is Jesper and i'm from Denmark. I'm an mechanical engineer and a machinist with my own businesses now. I've been working 9 years with measurements on primarily engines in a Institute here in Denmark so i know a fair amount about electronics as well. I have a lot of engines at my farm (at least 70 when counting all) but my other interest are HiFi. I collect, repair and enjoy old HiFi from the 50s to the 80s - I especially like the big Japanese receivers from the 70s - among the ones in my collection are a couple of quad ones:

Sansui QRX5500 (And four SP-2500 speakers), AKAI AA-1070 and AA-1080db and a JVC 4VR-5456X. I have 2 AKAI GX-630D-SS four channel R2R decks as well.

I also collect, repair and use test equipment for my repairs - primarily HP products from the 70s and 80s but i also have other brands as I need equipment for fixing tape decks and reel to reel machines.

By joining this forum I hope to learn more about quad and repairing the quad amps. I also hope to discover tips and tricks myself in my repairs that I could share on this forum.

Regards from Denmark
Jesper

My name is Jesper and i'm from Denmark. I'm an mechanical engineer and a machinist with my own businesses now. I've been working 9 years with measurements on primarily engines in a Institute here in Denmark so i know a fair amount about electronics as well. I have a lot of engines at my farm (at least 70 when counting all) but my other interest are HiFi. I collect, repair and enjoy old HiFi from the 50s to the 80s - I especially like the big Japanese receivers from the 70s - among the ones in my collection are a couple of quad ones:

Sansui QRX5500 (And four SP-2500 speakers), AKAI AA-1070 and AA-1080db and a JVC 4VR-5456X. I have 2 AKAI GX-630D-SS four channel R2R decks as well.

I also collect, repair and use test equipment for my repairs - primarily HP products from the 70s and 80s but i also have other brands as I need equipment for fixing tape decks and reel to reel machines.

By joining this forum I hope to learn more about quad and repairing the quad amps. I also hope to discover tips and tricks myself in my repairs that I could share on this forum.

Regards from Denmark
Jesper
hello and welcome @Loddestuen I am honored to be the first to welcome you here. You know how to fix things you will make friends here.

Regards from Denmark
Jesper
Welcome to QQ ! Wish you were here in California. Would be nice to have someone local who is a fan of vintage quad hardware and can repair them. I also have a collection o 50's - 80's radios, receivers. My main collection is made of Sansui hardware. I know there are way better speakers out there , but that is what I picked.
There are a lot of people here that have technical and media knowledge here. A lot of good people here who are willing to take the time to share their wealth of knowledge. It just amazes me that people that are or have been in the industries of making/selling music and hardware , take the time to share here.

Hi,

I perform on modular synthesizer and just started to do some quadraphonics. I have been releasing videos in 360 and just started to add ambisonic to them. So quadraphonic, 360 and ambisonic should be a fun experience on YouTube with all these new VR/AR headsets, no?

My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/franckmartin
and a quick tutorial on ambisonic on OSX with Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro

Please feel free to reach or leave comments on any of my videos so I can improve.

Thanks
Franck Martin
https://www.peachymango.org

Welcome to QQ . Hope you enjoy being a member of this great site!

Regards from Denmark
Jesper

Holy Kwapola Loddestuen :eek: How do you have time for all that. Very impressive :D

What is more impressive is how many fine friendly folks are here at QQ to help and converse with. Welcome Aboard - hope to see you commenting and asking any and all questions. :LB:LB:LB

Hello All!
I'm a long time lurker that has finally decided to join you fine folks! I've just upgraded my 7.2 system to a 7.2.4 system for The Beatles Abbey Road this Friday and I can't wait!!! I've enjoyed this website for many years now and thought I should stick my head up out of the water so to speak. I've been collecting modern surround titles since Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon was released in 2003. My taste in music is towards Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Electronica. I've used the Surround Polls as my buying guide for many years and I truly appreciate the work it takes to keep a site like this up and running and all you active members!
Come on Friday!
David H

Hello All!
I'm a long time lurker that has finally decided to join you fine folks! I've just upgraded my 7.2 system to a 7.2.4 system for The Beatles Abbey Road this Friday and I can't wait!!! I've enjoyed this website for many years now and thought I should stick my head up out of the water so to speak. I've been collecting modern surround titles since Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon was released in 2003. My taste in music is towards Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Electronica. I've used the Surround Polls as my buying guide for many years and I truly appreciate the work it takes to keep a site like this up and running and all you active members!
Come on Friday!
David H
Welcome aboard! Also a newbie in here. :)

I've been remiss in not personally welcoming new members lately (Snood & the crew do a great job in filling in I must say), so WELCOME one and all to the new folks!

I can tell by the stats on any given day that we probably have 70% lurkers, 20% members who don't bother logging in, and 10% members who log in and post at any given time visiting QQ. Some days it's pretty slow with regard to new posts, but we still get a lot of viewing.

One thing I decided a long time ago was not to restrict anything with regard to viewing at QQ, mostly because I really got annoyed at other forums that required you to login to see certain sections, or special areas. I mean, sometimes you only have a few minutes and you just want to check something out. At QQ you can read the reviews, the polls, the web pages, everything should be open to all.

However, this decision frankly has impacted our membership numbers as there are quite a few folks like "Hamilton59" who never do register and uncloak for years. Well, welcome Hamilton59, I am glad you decided to join. All lurkers can rest assured that there are no mailings, no selling of email addresses, no ads, no crap, nothing is done with your information and the site has no hidden trackers or cash generating links of any kind.

So, HEY! How about it lurkers! "Hamilton59" joined up. How about the rest of you? I mean hell, the freaking Beatles Abbey Road is coming out Friday. And for those who might not give a rats ass about that, that's cool! Really. Although there are plenty of old quad guys here (no offense Jim), there are plenty of young folks here as well.

There are plenty of reasons other than Abbey Road to sign up and join the discussions.

Hi Alan. I had to scroll back a little and saw your pic with the drum set….a fellow musician, nice! I've been playing in and out of bands since the late 70s. I have a 3 piece family band now that plays just for fun at my house every Friday night! We have a great time. I play guitar while my best friend/brother in-law is our drummer and my youngest brother in-law plays bass We play electronic instruments (mostly) mixed thru to our headsets to keep the noise down for the family and neighbors! Here's a pic of our drum setup...

David H
1569361407026.png

Hi Alan. I had to scroll back a little and saw your pic with the drum set….a fellow musician, nice! I've been playing in and out of bands since the late 70s. I have a 3 piece family band now that plays just for fun at my house every Friday night! We have a great time. I play guitar while my best friend/brother in-law is our drummer and my youngest brother in-law plays bass We play electronic instruments (mostly) mixed thru to our headsets to keep the noise down for the family and neighbors! Here's a pic of our drum setup...

David H
View attachment 43313
That's an awesome kit, man! Sounds like you have a blast in there.

Welcome aboard Hamilton and if ya ever need any Dancing Bananas on a Friday night....as you can see from my Avatar, Snood bananas love to booooooooooooogie :dance:dance

Glad to have ya out of the shadows and into the QQ light :LB

Back