What are the rarest NON-Sony 5.1 SACDs from the 2000-2008 era

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the rarity here is the Hurriganes, which I only just got this year (for a total arm and a leg but really I was done looking for it.. sadly the surround mix is complete shit but still you can't win 'em all..!).. the Rebecca Pidgeon often goes for daft money but I got it new for peanuts fairly recently.. the David Elias' are the surround gems here imho.
plus Roseanna Vitro, Lakatos x 2 & Rene Froger.

t2TQ970.jpeg

e645SCA.jpeg

Last edited:
the rarity here is the Hurriganes, which I only just got this year (for a total arm and a leg but really I was done looking for it.. sadly the surround mix is complete shit but still you can't win 'em all..!).. the Rebecca Pidgeon often goes for daft money but I got it new for peanuts fairly recently.. the David Elias' are the surround gems here imho

t2TQ970.jpeg

e645SCA.jpeg

I think the WILLY PORTER disc is excellent [musically] but I don't recall if the surround mix was all that discrete or not.

another random selection, the really obscure/rare ones being the 2 x Mostly Autumn's, the Joe Pass, Born, Xandria & Stefania Salvador maybe

LAmW9ni.jpeg

PyrU7fP.jpeg

I believe the Joe Pass Virtuoso is one of the rarities here as it's the only PABLO JAZZ album I know ever released in multichannel [ambience, only]. A slew of PABLO Jazz Stereo SHM~SACDS were announced but then Canceled at the last minute. IMO, a GREAT and underrepresented catalog of JAZZ legends, impeccably recorded. Released under the RCA banner in the 70's.

Such an intense labor of love and a real trip down memory lane ...... and NOT ONE SELFIE!

How Selfless!

oh its not hard work, its fun! :ROFLMAO:
i have it all arranged pretty much on the (rather tightly-packed) shelves in the order it came out in the pics, so its just a case of pulling them all out, flopping them on the couch and snapping away. phone batteries about to die again so will do more pics for the forum in the week. will get onto some digipacks, the Telarcs, a few promo's etc.. :p

This is a brilliant series of releases which should be in every BLUES collection. They're still available and anyone serious about the Blues should seek them out.

disc hunt disclaimer:
some JSP SACDs may be harder to find at ok prices than others (Buddy Guy & Guitar Shorty used to ordinarily go for more money than the others but I don't keep an eye on OOP SACD prices so much these days so situation could've changed) phew! :p

It's also pretty amazing how many of the Universal titles WERE available as excellent sounding MLP DVD~A 5.1s before they pulled the plug on that format. I should compile a list for DVD~A lovers [like myself].

indeed! great idea! if/when that happens can gladly supply pics of all that UMe DVD-A stuff (y)

Wow I wasn't aware

Wow wasn't aware of the Moloko or Feeder titles?! Or quite a few of the others like Texas... Thanks for the pics and information. The Indiana Jones of SACD!

I do sometimes wonder where was the marketing way back when?!

Those are two GREAT titles, Mr. Smithers. Way back when a lot of these titles were announced there was little info on the internet [or maybe I was snoozing]. And the majors pulled the plug so quickly and pressed so few quantities, if you blinked you missed out......you snooze, you lose.

Fortunately, Indiana Buckley [ADAM] took his multi~vitamins and drank lots of coffee and was able to fill his coffers with the choicest of the choice....never bringing his whip to a gunfight!

th

Indiana Buckley discovering a rare SACD at Lady Smithers Garden Party~Tag Sale! One lump of sugar .... or two?

Last edited:
Back