What are the rarest NON-Sony 5.1 SACDs from the 2000-2008 era

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes! Well I can match fredblue's Moody Blues. lol. What a collection you have!

well i know the Moodies SACDs have their detractors (various criticisms, sound quality, the Quad mixes were futzed with, etc..) but I didn't know a lot of their music let alone the old Quad mixes before I got the SACDs so I thought they were great at the time!

ahh well.. that's the SACDs out the way. next the DVD-Audio's..! :devilish:

That fella being Sergei Rachmaninoff :)

ahh.. i knew his face rang a bell (truth serum kicks in = "not!" :p) I'm an unabashed Pop/Rock/Soul/Jazz/Easy listening kinda pleb who hasn't got as much as a scooby doo about Classical Music but I do love surround music generally so whatever the genre and style if the surround mix is good i'm in-in-in..!! :LB

David Bowie "Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars" Multichannel Hybrid. EMI 5219002. One of Ken Scott's finest efforts. A closer look.

David Bowie "Heathen" Multichannel Non-Hybrid. Columbia CS 86630. Really hard to find without a drill hole even back when.

zig.jpg

It's time to add some rare non-SONY SACDs, not mentioned before. Here is a Sonopress hybrid disc with 14 pieces of different German punk rock bands from 2004. The SACD is called "Bestandsaufnahme - Fahrplan 2005" (Inventory - Timetable 2005). Strong German music in surround!
Bestandsaufnahme-inner-small.jpg

Bestandsaufnahme-outer_small.jpg

It's time to add some rare non-SONY SACDs, not mentioned before. Here is a Sonopress hybrid disc with 14 pieces of different German punk rock bands from 2004. The SACD is called "Bestandsaufnahme - Fahrplan 2005" (Inventory - Timetable 2005). Strong German music in surround!
View attachment 36213
View attachment 36214

corrrrr... blimey!! :eek:
never heard of this one neither!! :SB
was it available at retail or a trade only demo/sampler?

inside the Elisa "Lotus" SACD/DVD package (afaik a rarity not only for its scarcity by virtue of being an Italian Universal records Surround SACD release)

W1sShrl.jpeg
Wow! I didn’t even know it existed (same thing for the Battiato SACD on page 1). These were really badly advertised at that time in Italy...
How is the surround mix, any good?

Wow! I didn’t even know it existed (same thing for the Battiato SACD on page 1). These were really badly advertised at that time in Italy...
How is the surround mix, any good?

oh yes its fairly scarce but nowhere near as rare as that Battiato! copies of the Elisa SACD+DVD set do at least come up on eBay, Discogs, etc every now and then, though i'd been waiting for a number of years for one in decent condition to come along at the sub-£50 price point. to me it was worth the wait and the expense, the album's nice and the surround mix is very good, certainly leaps and bounds ahead of other Italian Universal surround titles such as the Zucchero SACDs.

Back