What are the rarest Sony (US) 5.1 SACDs from the 2000-2008 era

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is one that took me a while to track down:

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

The Jay Greenberg disc might be the least rare SACD from Sony. You can get a copy for $6 or so shipped pretty easily.

ah well, now everybody at QQ knows of its availability and can snap it up while its hot, err, lukewarm..
one day, it shall be a rarity of the future and worth as much as $8.!
:ROFLMAO:

The Jay Greenberg disc might be the least rare SACD from Sony. You can get a copy for $6 or so shipped pretty easily.

ps. how about those "non-Quad Quad" Classical Single Layer jobs ah?
not a bad little assemblage for a Classical cretin like me who's more at home with Keb Mo than Mozart! :LOL:
oh i do like to tap me toes along to that there Nutzcrackers in splendid upmixed Stereo i do! :dance

ps. how about those "non-Quad Quad" Classical Single Layer jobs ah?
not a bad little assemblage for a Classical cretin like me who's more at home with Keb Mo than Mozart! :LOL:
oh i do like to tap me toes along to that there Nutzcrackers in splendid upmixed Stereo i do! :dance
It is impressive! So many lovely quads they chose to upmix for baffling reasons instead (Nutcracker they had no choice, it was made in 1961, but...)

Boulez was in such great form in the early 70s. He mellowed a bit in later years but back then everything was cold and sharp as steel, and with an orchestra that could follow that the results are astonishing. Sony only released his fantastic Rite of Spring as a stereo SACD, but it was released in quad in Japan as part of a 3LP SQ set "Boulez Conducts Stravinsky."

61JkdpOaBNL.jpg

I was so NOT impressed with this album from child prodigy Jay Greenberg who attended Julliard at age 10. Maybe I should listen to it again. Maybe that's why it IS so cheap, ubertrout!

:eek: Adam your collection has quite a few SACDs I'd never even seen when they were originally released!

yeay! good stuff, Duncan! :love:
posting pictures on QQ (and, to a lesser extent, the SHF) of the - sometimes weird and wacky - surround music discs i've picked up across all the various (equally weird and wacky!) formats over the years has been a great way of getting a conversation going online between all of us like-minded folk and has really been a not inconsiderable part of my own surround music journey/experience, which really has been so much more fun than just sitting and playing it all in solitude.. the surround music hobby, with its sweet spot and its auction sniping, can sometimes feel like an isolated lonely affair but places like QQ and all of you guys make it feel like much more of a shared experience than it has any right to and that, to me, is a big part of the sheer joy of it all.

Last edited:
Back