What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob Dylan: 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration on blu ray in one of the rare stereo only BD concerts. Johnny Winter is worth the price of admission here when he does Highway 61...:rocks

fullsizeoutput_81a.jpeg

Not really a concert, but the story of "The Wrecking Crew" on Blu-ray... FANTASTIC!!! Every music lover should check this out... riveting.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, 4-earredwonder! I ordered this last week based on your recommendation, and it's absolutely phenomenal... best $10 I've ever spent :)

Can't wait to dig into all the six hours of bonus content next!

Santana - Hymns for Peace

676_large.jpg

This is in 5.1 DTS-HR (high resolution lossy) and mostly standard front stereo with wrap around ambience, but Oh My God! :eek:

It's called 'Santana', but he's really more of just the host. This is an all-star cast of complete bad-asses performing together. It's really the best cover band of all time playing lots of different tunes. They do perform a couple of songs by Santana, but they also cover some Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Beethoven, etc., but the real kicker is the band lineup: Carlos Santana, John McLaughlin, Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, Wayne Shorter, Ravi Coltrane, Steve Winwood, Patti Austin, Dennis Chambers, etc, etc, etc! This is soooo freakin' good!!! :SB :smokin

EDIT: Forgot to mention: Nile Rodgers :love:

Last edited:
I have ELO - Live in Hyde Park on blu-ray in 2.0LPCM, but I never ever put it on. Instead I always listen to Zoom Tour Live in 5.1DTS mix by Elliot Scheiner, even though the video is only 480. Listening to it now, and it's one of my favorite lossy live concerts for sound quality, and the music too! :smokin

MsrX9jL.jpg

A favourite - The Cars - Heartbeat City, listened to the cd all the time in the 80's, even got the VHS at the time.

Now upgraded to DVD.

Only DD 2.0, but there got to be som early prologic or something - because it is almost 5.1 discrete with DSU engaged on the AVR.

MsrX9jL.jpg

A favourite - The Cars - Heartbeat City, listened to the cd all the time in the 80's, even got the VHS at the time.

Now upgraded to DVD.

Only DD 2.0, but there got to be som early prologic or something - because it is almost 5.1 discrete with DSU engaged on the AVR.
How cool! I remember getting that VHS tape for Christmas back then and was ecstatic. I had multiple "Heartbeat City" album covers(?) on my walls at the time (those square cardboard things I got from the local record store... not actual album sleeves... my walls were covered with them!) (I was 15 ;) )

Back