What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More From Above..........

IMG_2880.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
IMG_2885.JPG
IMG_2886.jpg
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
IMG_2889.JPG
IMG_2890.jpg
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
IMG_2893.JPG

Pretty awesome haul from various record stores in the Detroit area- some of them even had the quad LPs sorted into a separate bin! Would you believe me if I told you this lot ran me less than $20...:)

I'm particularly blown away by the Dave Mason and B.T. Express albums. Paging Dutton-Vocalion! B.T. Express is another one of those annoying Columbia titles that was released only in SQ...all the more reason to get it out there.

IMG_5672.jpg

Pretty awesome haul from various record stores in the Detroit area- some of them even had the quad LPs sorted into a separate bin! Would you believe me if I told you this lot ran me less than $20...:)

I'm particularly blown away by the Dave Mason and B.T. Express albums. Paging Dutton-Vocalion! B.T. Express is another one of those annoying Columbia titles that was released only in SQ...all the more reason to get it out there.

View attachment 34321

ooh...!!! congrats!!! bargain of the year!! you got three of my all-time fave SQs there!! :LB

that MFSB is one of those kooky diagonal pan PIR mixes like Ship Ahoy and interestingly enough even drums are diagonal which makes them sound super expansive stretching across the room and very cool (imho) and its got some real funky tracks on it other than the big Soul Train theme tune hit, "TSOP".. the BT Express is just fabulous imho, there's a really slowed down but still groovy version of The O'Jays "Now That We've Found Love", there's high energy type disco numbers a-go-go ("Energy Level", "Energy To Burn", "Make Your Body Move", "Can't Stop Groovin' Right Now.."), a hippy trippy almost psychedelic ride in "Time Tunnel" (replete with nifty sound effects!) and even a sorta tripped out almost Reggae-ish instrumental ("Herbs") and to top it off the Quad mix is unusually a 4-corner affair for a late CBS release in '76 (by the late great Larry Keyes) a real hidden gem.. and the Dave Mason is an aggressive mix with a shit ton of separation and even 360 panning, above all with some great tunes!

if DV were to give all 3 their tip top remastering treatment I really would be over the moon and back again.. and I think these underrated Quads that don't get discussed much if at all would get a long overdue new lease on life on MCh SACD! fingers crossed that happens someday, meantime we can enjoy these overlooked surround treasures on our old SQ records and/or Q8 tapes! bravo! great haul..!! :51QQ

I'm particularly blown away by the Dave Mason and B.T. Express albums. Paging Dutton-Vocalion! B.T. Express is another one of those annoying Columbia titles that was released only in SQ...all the more reason to get it out

Wow , and only $20 beans.....great haul .

Another batch of matrix LP`s came the other day…

( Crown. RM=QS GW-7047Q -Drum Drum Drum )-
( Toho Records RM=QS AX-0106 -???? Japanese only :2 LP Set )-

View attachment 34538View attachment 34539View attachment 34540View attachment 34541View attachment 34542View attachment 34543View attachment 34544View attachment 34545

i heard it was originally going to be called;
"Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum
Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum" but they ran out of space on the record label. :whistle:

did you know the sequel is called "Bongos Bongos Bongos"! its hard to find in its original pristine state since it came in a brown paper bag due to the x-rated cover! you have to be Rich, Buddy, to get it! :LOL:

ps. does the record have any drums on it? :ROFLMAO:

Always a pleasure to see what Japanese quads you've come up with BBQ !!! :)

So very elusive for me back in the day , and boy did they ever commit to quad matrix discs !

Makes one wonder how many are available today on cd .

some of them are elusive for some of us now, Fizzy! :ROFLMAO:
I don't know how Bill does it! he's a better man than me Gungadin! :love:

Thanks fizzy & fredy..

Yes I am amazed to what the local Japanese market has in Quad LP`s and most off them I get are in Mint condition and not tooo pricey there`s a little bit off scottish in me...

Fredy yes there is a lot off Drum... Drum.... Druming…. going on in this band of instruments.....:giggle:

There was a bit of a discussion on another thread recently about live recordings of classical / opera performances in quad (or rather lack thereof) so I'm pleased to have just added this boxed set to the collection:

cc1.JPG

cc2.JPG

The box also contains a copy of the souvenir programme:

cc3.JPG

which documents that the event was being recorded:

cc4.JPG

It is a shame that such live recordings were so rare.

This pristine 5 disc box set just arrived from Germany, its absolutely like new and the vinyl has never been played:

RZ1.JPG

RZ2.JPG

The large booklet included has lots of fascinating photos of the actual recording sessions. I was particularly interested by this as clearly they used all the available space and I'm guessing this will be a pretty immersive sound. I was amused to see that they had built what looks like a little garden shed to enclose the timpanist! -

Scan024.jpg

Back