What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All

I hope this is ok to put this info here so her goes.

I use this program to de-click & de-noise my LP matrix stereo files also I record from this program as well onto my computer and it is called ( Acoustica Premium Edition) I had version 6 they have upgraded to v7.0.10 and this is a big upgrade and I highly recommend this new upgraded software I have not used the multi channel feature of this program yet.

I recommend to de-click the stereo matrix file first & then decode the matrix files to its 4 individual channels and this is the time if you need to de-noise each file.
You can down load a full demo program to try out.
But it is not cheep there is a lesser version which is a little cheaper but less features.

PS. It Supports the Mac & PC..

https://acondigital.com/products/acoustica-audio-editor/

first.jpg

PIC1.jpg

PIC2.jpg

PIC4.jpg

PIC5.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

Last edited:
I can see where you might want to use something like this, but I'd be concerned that anything that takes noise out of the recording could also be taking some of the music along with it. I also wonder if it has any effect on the phasing, which could affect decoding matrixed recordings. I don't use my computer for recording LP's; rather, I have a stand-alone CD recorder that lets me record the LP straight, and if I choose to put it into my computer, I can do it. To me, the "noise" adds character to the recording, as long as it isn't excessive.

I can see where you might want to use something like this, but I'd be concerned that anything that takes noise out of the recording could also be taking some of the music along with it. I also wonder if it has any effect on the phasing, which could affect decoding matrixed recordings. I don't use my computer for recording LP's; rather, I have a stand-alone CD recorder that lets me record the LP straight, and if I choose to put it into my computer, I can do it. To me, the "noise" adds character to the recording, as long as it isn't excessive.

Hi. jaybird100

It's well known that to de-click the Stereo matrix file and I do it manually where it is needed does not harm the phasing of the matrix file.
BUT if you de-noise the file at the same time in the stereo format.
YES you will damage the phasing, the time to de-noise is when you have decoded the file into its Quad L-front R-front : L-back R-back files and this is the time to de-noise each file and you should do it sparingly if needed, if you over do things you can get side affects so do things sparingly is my motto.
Bill...

PS. If you compare the un-clicked file with the de-clicked file and listen to it through your matrix decoder it is a lot quieter environment.
There is all ways a learning part to using computer soft wares & experimenting to get things right.

Last edited:
Radio Station Copy of DEODATO-2 ,Promo Quad Edition.

In a Stereo jacket yet ? Me thinks that CTI may have had plans ALL ALONG to issue quad only (single inventory) copies.

Have this disc already in SQ and used to have the King CD-4 , but could not pass up the chance to purchase this rarity .:smokin

20170901_170739.jpg20170901_170448.jpg20170901_170604.jpg20170901_170621.jpg

Philadelphia Freedom - M.F.S.B. (SQ LP)

Sealed one.. hopefully less crackly than the other 2 copies (no Q8 of this one..) still, it's got the Zip.. the Zip.. zip zip zip zip zip zip..! :D

XoJNDRd.jpg

Family Reunion - O'Jays (SQ LP)

..certifiably mad now, since I only got this (another 3rd copy of an SQ record) for the Quad remix credits printed on the rear sleeve, unlike my other 2 copies.. thanks for the heads up steelydave ;)

KyKQC4x.jpg

cCqZk08.jpg

It's been a very long time since I purchased a quad disc (only 2 this year !), but came across this rarity and couldn't resist.

Sony SQ Sampler (FC Family Club ) -VOCAL SX 74 . FCPA 222 (SQ MATRIX )

20170927_172239.jpg20170927_172250.jpg20170927_172313.jpg20170927_172604.jpg

Mike Oldfield- Ommadawn.....the UK QS version which I have been hunting since it tends to be expensive here in the States. Found a US copy on the Bay for $8.50, surprised no one bid against me. :smokin
I scored a copy of that one free from Virgin when it came out. I told them I had the SQ version, but wanted to compare the QS version to the SQ. They were happy to oblige, and although I inquired about the cost, they sent it free. Can't complain about that!

Hi. All

More matrix LP`s came the otherday

( Ovation. QS OD/2 -Experience Ovations 4Channel Quadraphonic Sounds :Factory Sealed new )-
( Telecast Marketing. QS PCA-5002 -Dueling Banjos :Factory Sealed new )-
( Minoruphone Records. RM=QS KC-67 -Popular Music 2 LP Set)-
( Yamaha. QS YM-1008 -World Popular Song Festival I n Tokyo 1971 )-
( Garmusic. QS 6M-Q0001 -The California Poppy Pickers )-
( Paramount. SQ ENS-7504 -Isaac Hayes 3 Tough Guys :Factory Sealed new )-
( Capital. SQ Q4SP-6876 -New Sons Of The 70'' )-
( Bellaphon. SQ BAC-2022Q -Omega 200 Years After The Last War )-

IMG_2211.jpg
IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg
IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg