What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say it ain't so Freddie, Guinea Pigs are sweet little creatures!:p
I am thinking about being the GP on this at those prices. :unsure: - Seems they're all in your neck of the woods and be much cheaper shipping for you ;)
Also, I've got that in SACD from the box set, should drop that on my ever growing stack (massive) of discs to try on the SMv2 🤠

ok, i'll go back on guinea pig duty briefly! 😆bought! 👍
when it arrives i'll do a wee shootout and try all the versions of the album i have through the SMv1.. i doubt any of them other than the SQ LP will be the Quad but we shall see! 🧐 😉

Hi. All

More matrix LP`s came in the last couple of days..

( EMI. RM=QS 4QSHL-804 -Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon Japanese release )-
( Decca. QS 7-275 -Shuman )-
( Express Toshiba. QS ETP-9512Z -Now Mozart Modern Classics Ensemble With Singers 3 )-
( W.B. QS QP-8177W -The Celestial Musician Gandharva Beaver/Krause )-
( Toshiba. QS TP-95142 -The Celestial Musician )-
( Toshiba. QS TP-9514Z -Dynamic Continental Tango )-
( Toshiba. QS TP-9503Z -Japanese GROUP )-
( Express Toshiba. QSETP-9513Z -Now Mozart Modern Classics Ensemble With Singers 3 )-

I have been trying to get a good price and in mint condition Japanese RM=QS DSOTM LP and finally I have got one and been comparing it to my SQ copy and I have come to the conclusion that I prefer the Japanese QS version, ( My all time Favorite.)

IMG_0931.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0932b.jpg

IMG_0936a.jpg

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0937a.jpg

IMG_0952a.jpg

IMG_0952b.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0955a.jpg

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0958a.jpg

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0962a.jpg

Last edited:
These came in last week. Two "Chicago's Greatest Hits. One is from Isreal. Three DSOTM's; oView attachment 43311View attachment 43312ne from Japan (complete) one from Brazil and one from New Zealand. And then the Paul Horn lp I purchased from a local vinyl shop.

Great buy....rawmacias…. I just bought a RM=QS DSOTM LP not long ago it didn`t have the OBI but it was in mint condition great find.
BBQ...

Last edited:
R-5967300-1407625880-4867.jpeg.jpg

Strauss Dance of the Seven Veils

R-8453645-1461927593-2521.jpeg.jpg

Eberhard Schoener Meditation

R-1942711-1253989271.jpeg.jpg

Santana Borboletta

R-1567762-1313673920.jpeg.jpg

The Ojay's Ship Ahoy

s-l1600.jpg

Blood Sweat & Tears New City

hicks.jpg

Dan Hicks & Hot Licks Stiking It Rich

drums.jpg

Impulse Various The Drums 3LP set

ra.jpg

Sun Ra The Magic City

klemmer.jpg

John Klemmer Waterfalls

First four images are generic from discogs as I STILL do not have a decent camera, rest from the actual ebay listings.

View attachment 43482

View attachment 43483

View attachment 43484
Santana Borboletta

View attachment 43485
The Ojay's Ship Ahoy

View attachment 43486

View attachment 43487

View attachment 43488

View attachment 43489
Sun Ra The Magic City

View attachment 43490
John Klemmer Waterfalls

First four images are generic from discogs as I STILL do not have a decent camera, rest from the actual ebay listings.

Some great quad album finds there. :)

View attachment 43482

View attachment 43483

View attachment 43484
Santana Borboletta

View attachment 43485
The Ojay's Ship Ahoy

View attachment 43486

View attachment 43487

View attachment 43488

View attachment 43489
Sun Ra The Magic City

View attachment 43490
John Klemmer Waterfalls

I'd love to hear some feedback from you, of your impression of these mixes (especially BS&T and Sun Ra). I like some Klemmer, but I heard Waterfalls in Quad and it seemed not as discrete as I was expecting. :)

Of all the disks on my previous post, the Dan Hicks was the most discrete mix, not very much moving but with four corner instruments/vocals also excellent sound quality. BS&T was good all around, got for $12, have their 1st album on AA conversion only which is very discrete New City would probably come out around the same level through Adobe. Sun ra is worth getting just to be surround in that cacophonous madness, currently looking to find deal on either Space is the Place or Pathways, there is movement in these mixes. Eberhard Schoener Meditation has a cool triptych cover, but the mix is not very interesting. I got more quad lps in the mail today, will post in a bit.

Of all the disks on my previous post, the Dan Hicks was the most discrete mix, not very much moving but with four corner instruments/vocals also excellent sound quality. BS&T was good all around, got for $12, have their 1st album on AA conversion only which is very discrete New City would probably come out around the same level through Adobe. Sun ra is worth getting just to be surround in that cacophonous madness, currently looking to find deal on either Space is the Place or Pathways, there is movement in these mixes. Eberhard Schoener Meditation has a cool triptych cover, but the mix is not very interesting. I got more quad lps in the mail today, will post in a bit.
Yeah those Sun Ra's seem to bring big bucks in anything over VG condition from what I've seen.
What did you think of the Klemmer?

The last these finally came today
View attachment 43814
Pharoah Sanders Elevation

View attachment 43815
Airto Fingers

Santana/McLaughlin Love Devotion Surrender

View attachment 43816
Koss Perspectives

View attachment 43817
Morton Subotnick Sidewinder

View attachment 43818
Various A Slavonic Festival

View attachment 43819
Aerosmith Rocks from France

View attachment 43820
John Lennon Imagine Australian

View attachment 43821
Deep Purple Machine Head Australian
I just ordered a sealed Koss Perspectives a couple days ago; I hear it has some nice Crusaders tunes from "Southern Comfort" on it which I'm dying to hear. I'd like to know your impression of the Pharoah Sanders also, I've been eyeing that one for awhile now. Altogether a great haul of goodies!

I just ordered a sealed Koss Perspectives a couple days ago; I hear it has some nice Crusaders tunes from "Southern Comfort" on it which I'm dying to hear. I'd like to know your impression of the Pharoah Sanders also, I've been eyeing that one for awhile now. Altogether a great haul of goodies!

JP, I'm a huge Pharoah Sanders fan and recently purchased this SHM~CD from CDJapan [now OOP] which I believe has the matrix QS encoding ...... if you can find it, I'm sure it'll decode well with your SM v.2:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UCCI-9232?s_ssid=e319815dc0de4b48b4

just excerpts/clips on that Koss demo disc, nothing complete sadly.. a lovely yet devilishly tantalising sampler! 😈 🎧

Back