What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Schubert and Mendelssohn look tempting! Been meaning to expand my classical selection with more of those two composers. Recommended?
The Schubert is great. The Mendelssohn is at a very high standard, even with slightly idiosyncratic tempi. But then my rule is to buy anything Fischer records for Channel and ask questions later.

A couple from Dutton Vocalion -

48094155586_9d78f9d391.jpg

48094192923_d99d37612a.jpg

Ronan Keating - Destination

48094252208_ccd05b9d1b.jpg

Another SACD of The Dave Brubeck Quartet's "Time Out" (Single Layer Multichannel SACD version)

47977942211_395933f936.jpg

And, finally, from Korea comes this SACD of "Project to Organize Contemporary and Modern Recordings of Traditional Korean Music, Series 1"

47933773907_46a58ccdb4.jpg

Damn, fredblue, that's an obscure one! Love that it is in German (can even translate a few of the titles). What's it like? Krautrock? As he's an "actor / musician" I can only suppose vocals are to the forefront. . . .

hi! :hi
yes it was as much of a surprise to me when i saw it pop up on eBay!
(the seller didn't ship to the UK, so i went wabbit huntin' and found one for like £8 quid on Amazon.de)
i've no idea what its like musically or mixwise, i just had to find a copy once i knew of its' existence!
its the out of print surround music show my friend that never ends!
hopefully i'll get to give it a listen over the weekend so i can report back soon! :p

(the seller didn't ship to the UK, so i went wabbit huntin' and found one for like £8 quid on Amazon.de)
i've no idea what its like musically or mixwise, i just had to find a copy once i knew of its' existence!
hopefully i'll get to give it a listen over the weekend so i can report back soon! :p

As he assiduously stays German in a "try to be English to succeed" music world, all power to him!

A quick online search tells me it's rock/pop-rock, though that isn't exactly elucidative. :) If it's anything like the Kane LPs that received 5.1 treatment - So Glad You Made It and Fearless - I may need to track down my own copy! 😁 Meanwhile, the latest (almost-)DVD-A added to my pile is Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!, which I picked up for $15 (~US$10).

A quick online search tells me it's rock/pop-rock, though that isn't exactly elucidative. :) If it's anything like the Kane LPs that received 5.1 treatment - So Glad You Made It and Fearless - I may need to track down my own copy! 😁 Meanwhile, the latest (almost-)DVD-A added to my pile is Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!, which I picked up for $15 (~US$10).

oh it's not really like the Kane albums, it's almost all in German and i didn't find it grabbed me musically as much as either of the Kane 5.1's

Thanks, Mr. Blue, that's good to know. I'll try a track or two via online streaming, if I can do so readily, just to be certain. If they don't appeal much to me stylistically, I'll simply direct my funds towards something else, like RPWL's Wanted. Been thinking about springing for a copy of that one for awhile, now. ;)

Thanks, Mr. Blue, that's good to know. I'll try a track or two via online streaming, if I can do so readily, just to be certain. If they don't appeal much to me stylistically, I'll simply direct my funds towards something else, like RPWL's Wanted. Been thinking about springing for a copy of that one for awhile, now. ;)

you're welcome! anytime 🤩
haven't played any of the RPWL 5.1's for a while but remember them all being pretty good.

Back