What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the 20th anniversary of the SACD approaches, here is a Sony demo SACD, featuring Yo-Yo Ma and Wynton Marsalis

46469621725_11560091e2.jpg

I'm skeptical about the inherent sonic superiority of stereo SACDs--at least to my ears, and on my system--but this was the only way to get this "un-mastered" version of Patricia Barber's Cafe Blue:

View attachment 39148
Yeah, I've also got this one, and I think it sounds sweeeeet!

Yeah, I've also got this one, and I think it sounds sweeeeet!

Agreed. Puzzling that Premonition didn't opt for a MCh mix on this one, as they did for Modern Cool--especially seeing as how Skinas went back to the original multis, anyway--but you can't have everything, I guess. Still a great-sounding album.

Agreed. Puzzling that Premonition didn't opt for a MCh mix on this one, as they did for Modern Cool--especially seeing as how Skinas went back to the original multis, anyway--but you can't have everything, I guess. Still a great-sounding album.

I suppose Premonition''s UN~MASTERED moniker meant NO gimmicks ..... like .... uh, multichannel. But it would've been nice nonetheless. LOVE the sound of Modern Cool in surround!

See, I don't even know how he spells his name......
Is that pretty good? I know absolutely nothing about Mathew Sweet.

Gene, I'll let you know after I spin it on my main system tonight ... or tomorrow! Preliminary listen ........ great! The SACD album by Sweet I really wanted, 'Girlfriend,' was canceled.

Last edited:
Back