What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About a week ago, I went into my local Whole Foods Market. Playing over their sound system was Madonna’s Beautiful Stranger song. I haven’t heard that one in years and have the CD Single packed away in storage. So, I play it via Apple Music to have another listen but it didn’t sound as good as it did in the store. For several days, I couldn’t get that damn song out of my head! I even went back into Whole Foods Market a couple days later. Guess what? It played again!!! o_O😱🤪😆

I saw/heard Taj at House of Blues in Chicago and again at Pabst Theater in Milwaukee on the TajMo tour w/KebMo. Also saw KebMo by himself at Pabst.

Taj first caught my attention in '68. I had my local record store ordered one for me based on a review I read. It might have been in Guitar Player. That first solo record of his w/birds on cover and Ryland P. Cooder is still my favorite.
Natch’l Blues was my first exposure to Taj in ‘68 and it remains my favorite but he’s never bad.

Rarely do I listen to a new disc multiple times. I've listened to Warner HK SACD Best of Folk Songs several times. Some tracks sound fantastic, others sound very good. All I Have to do is Dream by the Everlys is one of those great sounding songs.

Perhaps one of these days soon I'll a/b them to the tracks on my RBCD's. Don't hold your breath until I get the chance to do that.

I saw the Everlys as the surprise guest stars of Simon & Garfunkel at United Center.

My favorite Everlys track is Bowling Green. Here's a 1970 performance from ABC's Music Scene:

I've been meaning to post this for a week. This earworm popped back into my head a week or so ago. Malibu - from 1972 by Full Moon, featuring Neil Larsen & Buzzy Feiten. This track was an earwig (earworm) way back when and it is again. I bought the LP then and a Japan CD a few years ago:

Buzzy played guitar on Stevie Wonder's Superwoman.

Just received my "Toto - All In" career spanning CD boxset. Listening to the album "The Seventh One" (1988), which ends with this track...."Home of The Brave"

The song was co-written by members of Toto and Jimmy Webb (of "Wichita Lineman" and "By the Time I Get to Phoenix" fame)
Lead vocals by David Paich and Joseph Williams
Drums and bass by Jeff Porcaro and Mike Porcaro (RIP to both)

How's this for a real-time earworm... The Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond...

Try getting this one outta ya head, lads..

Oh! ye'll take the high road and I'll take the low road,
And I'll be in Scotland afore ye;
But me and my true love
Will never meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.

Hope ye QQ laddies and lassies are enjoyin' yourselves while AR continues his goofin' off and wanderin' around Scotland...

Lomond reduced.jpg

How's this for a real-time earworm... The Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond...

Try getting this one outta ya head, lads..

Oh! ye'll take the high road and I'll take the low road,
And I'll be in Scotland afore ye;
But me and my true love
Will never meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.

Hope ye QQ laddies and lassies are enjoyin' yourselves while AR continues his goofin' off and wanderin' around Scotland...

View attachment 41259
Careful there AR, you're awful close to that bank, wouldn't want an encounter with Loch Monster Lomond!

Last night bothering the neighbors... a pretty cool mix if you ask me!!!
R-1912786-1388570564-8142.jpeg.jpg

SHIT!!! (Pardon my Francais!)
I KNEW of the IMMINENT DANGER of playing this...
I have had "FIIIIIVE YEARS" in my head for a few days now...maybe i need to do a cover once I receive my Mac Mini and my MOTU..still need some e-drums...
It's funny how many times I held this LP in my hand in stores to buy it and never did .. until I got the MCH SACD..of course I was aware of most of the songs here but I'd never listened to them in the album sequence..what a monster of an album..Bless Bowie...
BOWIE'S DEAD , LONG LIVE BOWIE!!!!

Back