Why Hasn't Pink Floyd's The Wall Been Reissued on Surround Sound SACD?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the risk of getting banished from this site, speared by a pitch-fork carrying mob, and burned at the stake, I must say that I really don't like listening to The Wall. Yes, it's a great album, but I find it to be very depressing...probably exactly what Floyd intended to accomplish. But WTF, if they somehow manage to do it in surround I WILL BUY IT AND LISTEN TO IT ANYWAY. Heh, heh, heh, heeeeeeeeeeeh! :devilish::devilish::devilish: In the meantime, Animals beckons.

Do you really want to go there?
See the source image

At the risk of getting banished from this site, speared by a pitch-fork carrying mob, and burned at the stake, I must say that I really don't like listening to The Wall. Yes, it's a great album, but I find it to be very depressing...probably exactly what Floyd intended to accomplish. But WTF, if they somehow manage to do it in surround I WILL BUY IT AND LISTEN TO IT ANYWAY. Heh, heh, heh, heeeeeeeeeeeh! :devilish::devilish::devilish: In the meantime, Animals beckons.
I agree completely.

I agree completely.
I Don't agree completely but I will say that it could have and would have made a better single album than the double album it was. And as far as the damaged multis go, at this point, I'd even settle for a partial release of what they can remix with alternate versions ..... like how they presented Tulls TOTRARTYTD.

Wow... that is one awesome title acronym isn't it? But still shorter than Bowie's TRAFOZSATSFM...:LOL:

I can see how some might dislike the whole wall presentation, but for some reason I love every note, even stuff like "Vera". When I saw Roger do "The Wall" here a few years ago it was quite stirring. I never saw Floyd do it as a band, but that was pretty damn good.

"Is there anybody else in here that feels the way I do? One Sunny day............."

Depressing....yes....a sense of isolation...absolutely....Goodbye Blue Sky...awesome....Comfortably Numb....even more awesome..

When you get tired of your The Wall AR (in stunning surround sound) you let me know, and I'll buy it off you! At a :devilish: low price of course.

If James Guthrie and his cooks can bake the tapes back to life then I'll do my damndest to find a way of generating enough electricity to play the album on a desert island... or maybe I'd just marry a clever Girl Friday who knows about electricity and stuff and let her figure it out lol
:51QQ

The Theme Song to 👂👂👂👂's Post! 🅿ress 🅿lay before reading!

Only if you floated to that desert island on a solar panel ...... Problem solved [RIGHT again ......]

But then again, I'm sure a hungry shark would love the indescribable taste of a lustful Scotsman

See the source image

"Would sure love me some Haggis! And perchance a wee pupster for dessert!" 🐶🦈

See the source image

But by a simple twist of fate, the Loch Ness Monster beat Sharkie to the punch and consumed poor Derek in one fell swoop ........ guitar, kilt, and his 'not so clever' girl, FRIDAY!🎸💔

See the source image

This Post was funded in part by James Guthrie's botched attempt at remixing THE WALL in 5.1

See the source image

Warning for Peanut Allergists: This souffle contains WALL~nuts!

EXIT MUSIC [click onto you tube link...these guys are AMAZING]

Last edited:
Just a thought. With today's technology , is possible to deconstruct , then reconstruct into multichannel?

Before you say it, I will. Yeah , I don't know what I am talking about , but that hasn't stopped me before!
I know guys here with real good ears can sniff out those Un-Pure surround mixes- like steelydave😚

I mean I still love the Wall, it's just not my favorite Floyd album. The Wall is just really dark and cynical. It can be rough to listen to. For me, it's not unlike Pearl Jam Ten and Vs. They are so imbued with the rage and angst that so consumed my world in the early 90s, that I cannot listen to them often. But the Wall has many amazing moments, so I would buy it on whatever 5.1 SACD / Blu Ray release they [hopefully] give us.

I think without the visuals.....the songs on The Wall aren't so dark and depressing....a recent conversation in the Steve Perry Big Interview nailed the concept....when asked about the meaning of a song he made a point that I have championed for years..most of the time....the lyrics are just lyrics...not hidden meanings...the LISTENER provides that...those "visuals" come from us...an example...Peter Paul and Mary had a hit song "Puff the Magic Dragon"....many speculated it was about weed(the Magic Dragon)...but in reality it was just a children's song....about the loss of childhood innocence....I can name quite a few songs that I had my own images....the song meant something to me and I doubt others felt the same way....most were personal and highlighted times in my life...both good and bad....

I would love if the Floyd camp or Guthrie would at least give us some definitive update if the multi tracks were able too be saved or not and if we will ever see a multichannel release. I mean if he couldn’t “bake them” for one more use then at least let us know so we aren’t left wandering forever. What was it, 7 years ago when JG mentioned this in an interview?

I’m just getting older and my ears getting worse here, come on man ;)

I would love if the Floyd camp or Guthrie would at least give us some definitive update if the multi tracks were able too be saved or not and if we will ever see a multichannel release. I mean if he couldn’t “bake them” for one more use then at least let us know so we aren’t left wandering forever. What was it, 7 years ago when JG mentioned this in an interview?

I’m just getting older and my ears getting worse here, come on man ;)

hear hear... I SAID HEAR HEAR! :)

Speaking of “The Wall”; it’s the 40th anniversary in November it’s either too messy to save or maybe we’ll get a proper surround mix. It’s way overdue, and waiting for a 50th box set maybe too long for most.
I'm losing hope for "The Wall" after reading this post:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...loyd-the-later-years.26292/page-8#post-44099941st or 42nd Anniversary issue etc... just doesn't seem to have the right ring to it?
Also many folks here seem tired of hearing "The Wall" as it was played to death on the radio for years.
If anyone can shed a positive light on prospects for a surround release- Atmos even, please chime in, I'd still like to have one; or I'll have to settle for a session with the SMv2!

I'm losing hope for "The Wall" after reading this post:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...loyd-the-later-years.26292/page-8#post-44099941st or 42nd Anniversary issue etc... just doesn't seem to have the right ring to it?
Also many folks here seem tired of hearing "The Wall" as it was played to death on the radio for years.
If anyone can shed a positive light on prospects for a surround release- Atmos even, please chime in, I'd still like to have one; or I'll have to settle for a session with the SMv2!

I've been wanting "The Wall" in 5.1 (or even Atmos!) as much as the next member on here, but it's not like we were promised that we would finally get it this year.
Besides "The Later Years" box set (covering the band from 1986 onwards) and the "Animals" 5.1 SACD (advertised in a Acoustic Sounds magazine) nothing else was ever talked about for release from Pink Floyd for this year.

The only thing I still hold on to concerning "The Wall" for this year is the possibility of Criterion releasing a Blu-Ray version of the movie in either November or December (and the Blu-Ray would of course contain a 5.1 soundtrack) but beyond that, I'm not expecting anything else for this year.

I've been wanting "The Wall" in 5.1 (or even Atmos!) as much as the next member on here, but it's not like we were promised that we would finally get it this year.
Besides "The Later Years" box set (covering the band from 1986 onwards) and the "Animals" 5.1 SACD (advertised in a Acoustic Sounds magazine) nothing else was ever talked about for release from Pink Floyd for this year.

The only thing I still hold on to concerning "The Wall" for this year is the possibility of Criterion releasing a Blu-Ray version of the movie in either November or December (and the Blu-Ray would of course contain a 5.1 soundtrack) but beyond that, I'm not expecting anything else for this year.
Hey, that sounds great to me, as long as it's a "good 5.1 mix", I'd buy it!

Back