Rhino to Release Doobie Brothers QUADIO Edition! (ARCHIVE THREAD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This release. Surround sound. Paying customers that want to buy something more than shitty loud mp3s to blast over earbuds. You name it.

Now, if you pardon me, I'm going to pack up this $500 brick that focusrite made, and continue dealing with an m-audio card that bluescreens my Windows 10 machine on a daily basis.

Yeah....not having a great day here.....

This release. Surround sound. Paying customers that want to buy something more than shitty loud mp3s to blast over earbuds. You name it.

Now, if you pardon me, I'm going to pack up this $500 brick that focusrite made, and continue dealing with an m-audio card that bluescreens my Windows 10 machine on a daily basis.

You would think that since it is already in the can, the least they could do is release it. Business sense seems like an oxymoron.

We will never see this. The label has spoken loud and clearly to us, they don't care.

I tend to agree, as well. It's been put on the back burner for so long .... and my biggest fear is that if they do release it it might be in a lossy format as has been the case with a lot of Rhino/Warner surround remixes of late.

Sorry you're having a bad day AOQ!
I'm also sorry about this news, because I know a lot of folks here have not had the chance to hear TDB in Quad; and in what would have been superior resolution and mastering.
We all lose with this news; let's hope the stars and business models align and we get this in 2020!
In the mean time I'm gonna go soothe my soul and listen to some Black Water and Cotton Mouth the best way I can :)

I think it may yet appear - @rtbluray mentioned way upthread that the Chicago set took almost two years to get off the ground, but no one knew that. The only reason the wait seems so agonizing this time is because ForagingRhino let us know it was in development so early. I have to think he must regret putting it out there. Not to mention that we're kinda spoiled by the fairly frequent batches of Dutton releases. You know what they say, ignorance is bliss...

I guess this is the new Running On Empty (or is that Seeds Of Love :unsure:) .

Last edited:
Sorry you're having a bad day AOQ!
I'm also sorry about this news, because I know a lot of folks here have not had the chance to hear TDB in Quad; and in what would have been superior resolution and mastering.
We all lose with this news; let's hope the stars and business models align and we get this in 2020!
In the mean time I'm gonna go soothe my soul and listen to some Black Water and Cotton Mouth the best way I can :)

Well, you'll certainy get "cotton mouth" drinking Black Water, Pupsta!🐶 And most certainly, the Doobies in quad via my trusty MLP DVD~As/QRs is certainly mouthwatering!😛

Last edited:
We will never see this. The label has spoken loud and clearly to us, they don't care.

Jonathan, You may be wrong for all I know, but you may be right.

Honestly, next year will be 4 years since the Chicago Quadio, so you would think the damn thing should have been out by now if it's going to come out. But I can tell you that if it was up to ForagingRhino it would have come out last summer. When you are dealing with a huge company like Warner (and whoever they have merged with lately) there are a lot of check boxes that need to be ticked before something can get released that's not a high profile item.

Like I said, time will tell, but at least in this case, we will always have the terrific Quad Reels of these four albums so the original mixes are not lost to the consumer.

Frustration - it's part of the life of a QQ existence! :)

His answer was that there has been no movement at all, other than it has been moved to next year.
I assumed this when they released the live Blu Ray recently. They are amazing, but no longer carry the cache to get a major to do two releases in the same year.

I assumed this when they released the live Blu Ray recently. They are amazing, but no longer carry the cache to get a major to do two releases in the same year.

Basically, markshan, there's RHINO/WARNER Music Division and their video branch, Warner Video ...... so one really doesn't have to do with the other in terms of release schedules. If they wanted to release a total of 4 DB core albums on BD~A 5.1 in which the mixes are already done and include updated liner notes, it would've been done.

edit: The DB Beacon Theater BD~V was released through RHINO MUSIC so I suppose RHINO did have a hand in its release....but the principal videography/editing would be relegated to their video division, I'm sure, so, at most, RHINO was involved in the marketing.

Last edited:
Maybe we haven't bought enough of the live release to make them think its worth releasing the Quads :devilish: (I did buy it but haven't got round to watching it yet!)

At the moment I’m fine with saving my money for a few more quad SACDs on the DV label. And enjoying my Doobies quad conversions for.

There is plenty of quad and surround to listen to at my place.

I hope they take their time and do it right when they get ready to do it if they do it.

I’ve been thinking it’s all about timing like Mark said; Abbey Road will be a huge buy for any year; along with the possibility of other year end Anniversary titles coming. The label may believe the market for this type of set will already be saturated for disposable income for the average music buyer thru the holiday buying season; as us QQers are really a small slice of the physical media buying public. If I was a bettin’ man I’d say first quarter 2020 is a possibility.

There is another Doobie project is ahead of the Quadio box. It's still coming, just later than originally planned.
Sorry for the delay.
I'm continuing to assume this previous post is still a valid one. I've never heard any DB in surround, but from what I've read around here I'm really missing something. That's why I'm anxiously waiting with credit card in hand.

I'm continuing to assume this previous post is still a valid one. I've never heard any DB in surround, but from what I've read around here I'm really missing something. That's why I'm anxiously waiting with credit card in hand.
Well this is the Quad. You should still find the 5.1 of Capt & Me even if this comes out. It's excellent.

I thought the referenced project was the Beacon Hill BDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back