HiRez Poll Wilson, Steven - GRACE FOR DROWNING [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Steven Wilson - GRACE FOR DROWNING

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
It's been enjoyable re-reading this thread! I'm always curious, and somewhat apprehensive, over my past comments and rating.
These days I might give this a 9, but I think my original 8 is pretty fair. For SW, anyway. I just prefer some of this other output more, but this is really well done, for what it is.
Some KC has grown more on me, which helps. A LOT. There is a LOT of KC influence here. Not to mention several KC members.
This is a cool chill album, with several moments of intense punctuation.

Very cool write-ups from timbre4. (y)

Being a relatively new convert to Steven Wilson, Et al, I enjoyed very much reading timbre4's write up, and even if I don't share his knowledge I can mirror the enthusiasm he showed back then.
I gave it a solid 9, would have been a 9.4 if I could but that's cool.
5.1 sound is great. Content took me a little longer to get into but that's my take on Steven anyway...going down a dark hole of the psyche then pulling out and tying things back together again. Love it.

This is great news.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, the third CD from the original deluxe book contains some essential material ("Home In Negative") that I don't believe is present on the Blu-ray.

There's three tracks from the bonus CD that are also on the Blu-Ray: "Home in Negative", "Fluid Tap", and the demo version of "Raider II".
The other three tracks ("The Map", "Raider Acceleration", and "Black Dog Throwbacks") are only on the bonus CD.

:)

A mockup of the new 2CD/Blu-Ray edition being released in January:
KSCOPE552-MOCK-UP-2.jpg

And Burning Shed preorder: https://burningshed.com/steven-wilson_grace-for-drowning_cd_blu-ray

:)

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but is anyone else unable to pause or fast-forward this disc? I have the new 3-disc version.

Back