Wire wrap tool question.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xdevo1973

Hi everyone; now that I've figured out all of the bugs in the CD-4 demodulator circuit of my JVC5456X, I inadvertently broke off some of the connecting wires from moving the board to work on it. I rewrapped them with a small pair of needle nose pliers but I'd like to rewrap them properly. I have seen wire wrapping tools available but I don't know what gauge to buy. Do I purchase the 22-24 awg one?

Any advice would be appreciated.

just solder them unless you clean the post real good and the wire, it could become a intermittent And I go back to mainframes in the 70's have done a ton of wraps you have to practice a lot or you can nick a wire and it will brake later the list goes on to tight it will break down the road not tight enough intermittent they only used them because they were fast.

Helpful input roundhousequad. I've been pondering a restoration on a vintage piece that's wire wrapped, and have been hesitant about re-wrapping if I have to unwrap at any point.

Back