Yacht - Chain Tripping Dolby Atmos Blu Ray 9/06/19 release date

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This is a bit of an outlier. Electro-Pop band Yacht, from the same label, DFA, that is the home base for LCD Soundsystem is releasing a Dolby Atmos 3D Surround mix along with accompanying videos of their new album, “Chain Tripping,” on Sept 6, 2019. It’s fizzypop electro dance music that may not be everyone’s cup o’ tea, but it’s interesting nonetheless. The album was released on streaming platforms today so it’s pretty easy to check out. The marketing blurb makes mention of AI (artificial intelligence) aided songwriting but it’s still a bit vague. You can check out the label site here;

https://store.dfarecords.com/products/dfa2650?variant=29588822884424

Available to preorder on Amazon here;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...42e-e8f213ef368b&pf_rd_r=VCVPK35GZ6HBDBC3GX43

This is a bit of an outlier. Electro-Pop band Yacht, from the same label, DFA, that is the home base for LCD Soundsystem is releasing a Dolby Atmos 3D Surround mix along with accompanying videos of their new album, “Chain Tripping,” on Sept 6, 2019. It’s fizzypop electro dance music that may not be everyone’s cup o’ tea, but it’s interesting nonetheless. The album was released on streaming platforms today so it’s pretty easy to check out. The marketing blurb makes mention of AI (artificial intelligence) aided songwriting but it’s still a bit vague. You can check out the label site here;

https://store.dfarecords.com/products/dfa2650?variant=29588822884424

Available to preorder on Amazon here;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...42e-e8f213ef368b&pf_rd_r=VCVPK35GZ6HBDBC3GX43

Hmm. I'll give this a shot. Thanks for the heads up!

So this arrived yesterday, YACHT (Young Americans Challenging High Technology) - Chain Tripping Blu Ray in Dolby Atmos. A great active and discrete mix! I don't have Atmos capability (but boy if I did) - down converts nicely into either 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby TrueHd . As mentioned earlier it's a bit of downtown/hipster/alternative dance/electro. I can hear some Talking Heads influences and for a more obscure reference, Chaz Jankel who had a moment in the same kind of punk dance scene in the 80's along with fellow collaborator Ian Drury. Each song is accompanied by a "video" - mostly low-fi abstract stuff - but the audio is killer. The album really opens up in Atmos! Recommended!

chain.jpg

So this arrived yesterday, YACHT (Young Americans Challenging High Technology) - Chain Tripping Blu Ray in Dolby Atmos. A great active and discrete mix! I don't have Atmos capability (but boy if I did) - down converts nicely into either 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby TrueHd . As mentioned earlier it's a bit of downtown/hipster/alternative dance/electro. I can hear some Talking Heads influences and for a more obscure reference, Chaz Jankel who had a moment in the same kind of punk dance scene in the 80's along with fellow collaborator Ian Drury. Each song is accompanied by a "video" - mostly low-fi abstract stuff - but the audio is killer. The album really opens up in Atmos! Recommended!

View attachment 43439
Unfortunately the specs on Amazon UK say this is a region A/1 release. Can you confirm that elmer, ta.
If so, that will teach me for not getting a multi-region Sony X800...grr

I wonder what is around to mod my Sony player?
Internet here I come.

All suggestions appreciated.

Unfortunately the specs on Amazon UK say this is a region A/1 release. Can you confirm that elmer, ta.
If so, that will teach me for not getting a multi-region Sony X800...grr

I wonder what is around to mod my Sony player?
Internet here I come.

All suggestions appreciated.

After checking thoroughly, I can find no indication of any region coding either on the disc, packaging or disc analysis via MakeMKV. It does however appear to be a BD-R. Not sure if would impact anyone’s decision either way. It plays without any issues on my Oppo 103.

After checking thoroughly, I can find no indication of any region coding either on the disc, packaging or disc analysis via MakeMKV. It does however appear to be a BD-R. Not sure if would impact anyone’s decision either way. It plays without any issues on my Oppo 103.

Cheers for that info elmer.
Will take a punt and order it.
Cheers. (y)

Gave this a quick listen last night. I was a bit underwhelmed, but I think that's mostly because of the music not suiting my tastes. The mix utilizes ATMOS effectively and there is a fair bit of discrete content in the surrounds. The visuals are fun but rarely add much to the overall experience (imho). But did anyone else have any dropouts? There were times where it sounded like for a split second that channels went silent. At first, I thought that might be a quirky part of the mix, but it happened often enough that I believe there may be faults in the mastering/authoring of the Blu-Ray. I played it on a BDP-95 bitstreaming to my Marantz AV-7704. The dropouts weren't enough to be a major issue, but they were noticeable.

Back