How much longer are international shipments taking in mid-2020?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbmay75

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Hi everyone,

Apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong spot.

How long are orders from the UK to the US taking these days? I haven’t ordered anything from overseas in a long time, but I finally ordered the EWF “Spirit/TTWOTW” SACD from Vocalion via eBay on June 23rd and paid for tracking, but don’t have any updates on it since June 30th. The seller “deramnut” has 100% feedback, but I worry PayPal won’t help me if I end up waiting beyond their standard limit of 45 days to ask for a refund if nothing shows up.

the seller "deramnut" is Vocalion themselves so if there's a problem with the order i feel confident you will receive good customer service.
Any difference in ordering from them off eBay or their own website Freddie, they’ve always been “Mikey J on the spot” ;), ordering direct for me anyways.
The only thing that seems a little funky to me is their tracking; but then I’ve never sprung for that Premium delivery fee, maybe then the tracking works?

I ordered Stockhausen 76 from Germany on 4/24/2020. I STILL don't have it! It is an eight CD box set. I have contacted them and they said that I could use UPS but shipping that way would cost 60 euros! I paid 103 euros (with shipping) so, I'm still waiting...

Stockhausen CDs (8 in all) 76.jpg

Any difference in ordering from them off eBay or their own website Freddie, they’ve always been “Mikey J on the spot” ;), ordering direct for me anyways.
The only thing that seems a little funky to me is their tracking; but then I’ve never sprung for that Premium delivery fee, maybe then the tracking works?

bit cheaper buying from their own site and by buying direct the margins would be in the label's favour somewhat which all helps the creation of new releases so i would say purchase from their own site rather than eBay/Amazon 🤗

With Priority Michael Dutton personally oversees the shipping progress of each package.
Then on delivery he takes a plane to LaGuardia hops in a taxi and knocks on 4ears door. He inspects the package asks if there are any cracked cases and offers replacement cases
4ears I hope you had the good manners to offer him a cup of tea!

PAYPAL gives you 6 months....not 45 days to file a claim. Ive sent LARGE packages via the Post Office to European Countries in April/beginning of MAY that are now just arriving...2-3 months later. Its the Customs offices in the Foreign countries that are holding everything up. Has nothing to do with USPS nor can they help you. Packages sent via FEDEX overseas are still only taking about 7-10 days as usual since they have their own customs dept and there are no delays.

I ordered the EWF disc from them and it took about 6 weeks to get to Vancouver, Canada.
I have ordered multiple times over the past few years. It is never quick to get here. (Not Dutton/Vocalions fault. Orders are shipped quickly).
Only once did something not show up. I contacted Michael and his customer service was great.
Yes, the orders take awhile. I just have come to the point where I order, and forget about it, knowing it'll eventually show up.

Still waiting on a package from Germany -- seller told me the local post office (Stuttgart) had been shut down during the COVID crisis, and that millions of packages had piled up in the interim. I believe him. Fortunately, I have patience . . . what else can you do?

I have now noticed minor shipping delays on packages originating in the southern USA. Not unexpected given the coronavirus surge in those states.

I suspect that my future orders from DV will have enough discs/value to warrant the extra cost of priority with tracking. I’ve purposely put a few “nice to have but not totally necessary” titles on the backburner to use as ballast on these future orders.

I ordered an 8-track from the UK. Took a little over a month to arrive in Canada.
Most shipments from the US to Canada are taking round about 30 days.

Still waiting on a package from Germany -- seller told me the local post office (Stuttgart) had been shut down during the COVID crisis, and that millions of packages had piled up in the interim. I believe him. Fortunately, I have patience . . . what else can you do?

Same here. I have a German Discogs purchase from March that is still waiting for shipment. The seller has 100% feedback and has indicated I can cancel the order anytime if I wish. I too can wait.

Back