Steve Hackett Selling England by the Pound and Spectral Mornings live at the Hammersmith 5.1 mixed by Steven Wilson

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selling England By The Pound & Spectral Mornings, Live At Hammersmith: Limited Edition 4LP + 2CD Box Set
"""""""""""
Steve Hackett proudly states about “Selling England By The Pound & Spectral Mornings: Live At Hammersmith” and adds: “Great live sound by Ben Fenner, fabulous mixes by Roger King, amazing surround sound by Steven Wilson....
"""""""""""

Many people works for the production of sound.

Roger King (who makes me forget Tony Banks for a moment) has been also the mixer in previous albums. But the final masters didn't sound crisp and clear.

Steven Wilson collaborates on surround sound. Would just he say what recorded tracks would go to the surrounds? Would he be responsible for the final master quality?

We will see. I really hope a step up in final sound quality

What does this mean? Steven Wilson collaborates on the surround??? Tell someone else what to do or doing by himself???

ah good news, I saw Steve play in 2019 but I can't recall if they did the whole "selling England" album or not?
was a good show though. I'll probably pick this up!
I believe it was the whole SEBTP album; yes, setlist.fm confirms the Oct 2019 show I saw in Cleveland is the whole album front to back. Then cherry picked Spectral Mornings tunes. Loved it.

I'll admit I have all of his live material, audio and video, going back to the beginning of his Camino records days and used to sign everything that went out the door. I'll take all the live stuff I can get from him. I'm thinking this should be the best of the Genesis tribute ones though, with Craig Blundell on the drums and the Steven Wilson mixing. I hope so...

These tired album tribute shows so many years after the fact...

But a music release with these 3 ingredients - 5.1, Steve Wilson, Steve Hackett - is a must buy!

Not sure what to think about this.
I have seen Hackett solo shows several times and I do believe the musicianship and the outstanding classic content will more than suffice.

Back