Well I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying.. (CD-4 Titles)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
...dropping unreleased Quadradiscs from the '70s.

Anyone else want to make some of their own? Create some you wish you could have purchased, but keep the graphics legit. Use the correct graphics and format for the label that the title was released on.

:phones

Here's two I would have surely bagged....
after the gold rush cd-4 caldor.jpg

ektin cd-4 caldor.jpg

One more for a lazy Sunday afternoon. I could never figure out why this one really did not exist, it was one of RCA's biggest sellers at the time:

Rocky Mountain High CD-4.jpg

Two things:
- what about labels that put out only Q8? For example, Sire, Chess...
- what about SQ/RM/QS?

For sure not everyone's cup... it's disco. If you don't know it, just locate a mp3 of the first two tracks (combined togheter) "Nightflight to Venus / Rasputin" and think how groovy they would had sounded in quad, with all the effects / chorus /layers of sounds squeezed down in just two channels.

35549.jpg

Well, here's an album I saw on ebay.

JoniLOTCQuadradisc.jpg

Needed to redeem myself since Ms. Boyle's album is SQ and I posted it in the discrete album section of the forum. Sorry Jon. At least this one is a Quadradisc. Still not perfect but getting closer.

......Needed to redeem myself since Ms. Boyle's album is SQ and I posted it in the discrete album section of the forum. Sorry Jon. At least this one is a Quadradisc. Still not perfect but getting closer.

No one ever has to redeem themselves here at QQ! ;)

That one looks great (as does the other). Now you've got me fired up to do a few more! Nice job.

Any other tinkerer's out there?

:D Soon.

Speaking of John Denver (above), it was criminally stupid of RCA to not release An Evening With John Denver in quad. He was just about the biggest act in the country at the time. We loaded up on tons of promotional goodies while in the RCA building on Sunset (JVC CD4 Cutting Center). Much of the promo stuff was for 'Evening With' although we did score some Dana Gillespie posters too. :)

Happy New Year Dennis!

My theme here was the CD-4/Q8 releases that got as far as being numbered and reported to the 1975 record & tape directories then got cancelled!

Trust me, I have an upmix wish list on another track. :)

Nice job, Tim! (NIT PICK: Some of these have the WB/Reprise logo where they should have different badging, but no one else besides me would ever notice) :phones

Still, I'd probably buy them all! :smokin

Thanks, I was reflecting this morning about the WB label division badging on all but the ELP and will be upgrading them after a while. It was such a fun time-suck, my goal was to get them up for the holiday for now. (far from trouble free, the off sizes and file naming was off as you find out with these projects)

Back