Stephen Stills - Stephen Stills 2 CD + DVDA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shows it as a Rhino DVD-A. Show me a single Rhino DVD-A from the last two years and I might believe this one will be a DVD-A, otherwise, it looks like another mistake to me.

Chris

I tend to agree with you

But there is a precedence with the Crosby's If I Could Only Remember My Name and Nash's Songs For Beginners, so maybe.......

show me a single rhino dvd-a from the last two years and i might believe this one will be a dvd-a, otherwise, it looks like another mistake to me.

Chris

ok

Attachments

• Songs%20for%20Beginners%20Front.jpg
    Songs%20for%20Beginners%20Front.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 436
I tend to agree with you

But there is a precedence with the Crosby's If I Could Only Remember My Name and Nash's Songs For Beginners, so maybe.......

That is true, Crosby in 2006 and as Jon pointed out, Nash in September 2008 after Warner had basically stopped releasing DVD-A. I can't find any official information on the upcoming Stills release but based on the possibility someone wanted to complete the Crosby, Stills and Nash DVD-A trifecta, it may be real.

Chris

That is true, Crosby in 2006 and as Jon pointed out, Nash in September 2008 after Warner had basically stopped releasing DVD-A. I can't find any official information on the upcoming Stills release but based on the possibility someone wanted to complete the Crosby, Stills and Nash DVD-A trifecta, it may be real.

Chris

throw in a dvda of Harvest and you've got a quadrella.

Despite my enthusiasm for DVD-A, I would doubt seriously that this would be a DVD-A release. It's more likely a DVD-V with some video on it, or possibly a DVD-V with "Super Saturated Sound", like the later Neil Young releases. Amazon.com seems to have a knack of using the term DVD-A whenever there is a music DVD included in a deluxe CD set.

I would rather see either of the first two CS&N albums released in surround than the Stephen Stills. Just the same if the Stills release is real and in surround I'll be getting it.

I had pre-ordered it from Amazon.co.uk, but they cancelled it a few months ago and I don't see it listed there anymore... I think this was vaporware....

I had pre-ordered it from Amazon.co.uk, but they cancelled it a few months ago and I don't see it listed there anymore... I think this was vaporware....

I was going through and deleting some old saved links and stumbled on this one (still wishing).

After reading your post and further investigation, I see I did the same and received a cancellation notice. ....Duh :eek:

If only I could increase my memory as easily as my PC.

Yeah, I think this one got squashed in the anti-DVD-A rhino backlash

My apologies for bumping this thread. I don't want to set anyone's hopes up for nothing. Was this released as a Quad in the 70's or was it mixed in 5.1 for that release that never was?

I admit that I would really love to hear this one in Multichannel, as I would Manassas. I admit not being a huge fan of CS&N and CSN&Y, but I really enjoy these two albums a lot.

My apologies for bumping this thread. I don't want to set anyone's hopes up for nothing. Was this released as a Quad in the 70's or was it mixed in 5.1 for that release that never was?

I admit that I would really love to hear this one. I admit not being a huge fan of CS&N and CSN&Y, but I really enjoy this album a lot.

AFAIK, this album was never mixed or released in Quad back in the 70s. This supposed release in question was a new 5.1 surround mix that ultimately has not been issued.

Back