What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The store is Homer's in Omaha. Whenever I am in I always tell the manager about the surround titles I bought at his store and how much I enjoyed them. This is at least his 3rd copy of the Quadraphenia blu ray because I bought one and so did a friend of mine. It is also at least his third copy of Hypnotic eye because we each bought one. He has another of the Clapton box and I bought1. The big Soundgarden box and Tears for Fears boxes are there. Multiple Fly By Night blu rays and a couple of the boxes with the dvdas. Saw the Warchild box and Passion Play. Didn't look in the racks but he has carried some of the King Crimson before. I still like being able to go into a store and just browse for an hour or so. Wish I had more time and money when I was there the other day. Scott

I really miss going into a store like Tower Records. What better place to go and kill time.

This Forum needs a name change to "The Quadraphonic Geezers"....LOL!

I just got a few, let's see:

Eric Clapton - There's One in Every Crowd CD-4
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Blvd. CD-4
Grass Roots - Their 16 Greatest Hits QS
Billy Joel - Turnstiles SQ
Billy Joel - Piano Man SQ
A QuadraDisc Sampler CD-4
Jethro Tull - Aqualung CD-4
Chicago - Greatest Hits SQ

They're not all in NM shape, but I didn't pay a fortune for them. Some are still in the mail. I don't buy quads that often, it seems to come in kicks and when I get lucky, lol.

Pat Travers - Feelin' Right (The Polydor Albums 1975-1984). His 1st 8 albums on remastered across 4 CDs. I saw him and his band a few times in the mid-70s, really good. Listening to the first 4 of the albums, apart from the bluesy rock feel, they reminded me of Todd Rundgren in places - a good thing!

Johnny Mathis - Johnny CD

51WxfTZhjXL._SX425_.jpg

When I used to travel to Omaha, the Homer's store downtown was a regular stop. Nice size, great selection. Kind of reminded me of Licorice Pizza.

From QQ Happy New Year

If you feel he is amazing, that is all that matters. I respect you for your tastes in vocalist (Josh Groban) even if they aren't mine. ;)

Yeah, that's cool. I do like Johnny. I think he's one of a kind.....I have lots of friends who would probably think I was crazy for liking him. Oh well......

What you mean by commenting on Josh Groban? I know little about him.

He's in my top five too. Along with Bing Crosby and Frank (overrated) Snotra. My favorite singer in that category would have to be Deano. ;)

Couldn't resist sharing this one of a kind...

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=73GD_pobP_k[/video]

Snood been getting into a lot and me means A LOT of Steve Marriott (Small Faces & Humble Pie) Great guitarist and man what a set of Rock n' Roll pipes on him. Very Under appreciated.

Latest Picks ups were "Town & Country" and "Performance: Rockin the Filmore" and also picked up the later "On to Victory" and "Go for the Throat".

Town & Country and Performance are awesome and am sure most of ya know Early Humble Pie included Peter Frampton tooooooooooooooooo

Have not given Victory and Throat a spin yet

But man Steve Marriott could sing (y)

The guy was 5'5" and he sung like a Rock and Roll Giant - R.I.P Steve

Here's mine from HDTracks, yours looks better :( , I have to dig out my cd to see what version that is.

foobar2000 1.3.6 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2015-03-09 17:13:33

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Van Halen / 1984
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR12 -2.16 dB -18.87 dB 1:07 01-1984
DR12 -1.20 dB -15.70 dB 4:04 02-Jump
DR12 -1.33 dB -15.24 dB 3:32 03-Panama
DR13 -0.95 dB -16.07 dB 3:02 04-Top Jimmy
DR12 -0.97 dB -15.00 dB 4:14 05-Drop Dead Legs
DR13 -0.80 dB -15.84 dB 4:44 06-Hot For Teacher
DR13 -0.69 dB -15.97 dB 4:45 07-I'll Wait
DR12 -0.04 dB -15.31 dB 4:35 08-Girl Gone Bad
DR11 -0.22 dB -13.82 dB 3:19 09-House Of Pain

Number of tracks: 9
Official DR value: DR12

Samplerate: 192000 Hz
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 24
Bitrate: 5636 kbps
Codec: FLAC
================================================================================

For many years, I had a season subscription to the Chicago Symphony., under both Solti & Barenboim. At one concert, they performed a wonderful piece called Sea Drift By John Alden Carpenter. Although I had never heard of him or the piece, I sought it out. I searched this out for years, but never could find it. Lo and behold, Joe found it and it arrived today.

It is a CD of Leonard Bernstein conducting the NY Philharmonic from '45, along with Shostakovich No. 5. This UK transcription disc also features a 1947 performance of Gershwin: An American in Paris from '47. It is also conducted by Bernstein w/RCA Victor Symphony Orchestra.

Back