Dylan Desire Quad CD?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr8track

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Wondering what the story is with this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bob-Dylan-Abandoned-Desire-Quadraphonic-2-CD-Not-TMOQ-/251235444122?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3a7ecca59a Normally I'd just guess that someone is selling a homemade quad conversion that is nicely packaged, but it looks pretty slick for homemade. Also, the second CD is an interesting inclusion. Any thoughts on the authenticity of this or whether it's just a nice produced quad conversion?

$T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8GyvBRK5dsfrY!~~60_57.jpg

This is a Scorpio release. The 16 page notes are very extensive, detailing the recording sessions. The release has been done very lovingly. Page 15 explains the differences between the SQ and 2ch mixes, and depicts US, Australian, Spanish and Netherlands SQ covers. The booklet is in color throughout and on very nice 50 lb gloss paper stock.

The first disc is simply a straight transfer of the SQ vinyl with no decoding. There are a few pops and clicks, although they are minimal. Although neither the back cover nor CD 1 list them, there are three additional live Rolling Thunder tracks on disc 1. They are Hurricane, Romance in Durango and Abandoned Love.

The second disc contains outtakes and rarities. The two versions of Rita May have appeared on box sets and as a B side on a 45 of a live Stuck Inside of Mobile. Golden Loom and Catfish have appeared on the Columbia Dylan Bootleg Series box sets. An unusually nice job.

IMHO, I'd much rather listen to the SQ vinyl through my Ortofon moving coil cartridge. For those who already have the SQ, disc 1 is relatively pointless. For hard core Dylan collectors, disc 2 is of interest.

Back Cover:
bobdy-abandoned1.jpg

524286.jpg

Does the 1st disc decode in quad or just stereo?(i'll forgo getting it if it's stereo only)

I'm listening to it now in stereo I can only imagine how it sounds in quad(i'll get to that later)

Back