HiRez Poll Stickmen - DEEP [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Stickmen - DEEP

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Had this a while from Pledge Music.
Excellent album, for me a bit 'overlong' a triumph of playing skill and a bit showoffy, nothing wrong with that but could have done with a prune here and there to make the album a more snappy

I did author it.......no skips on my master set.
This is very strange and has to be related to the packaging.

Neil- do you ever have any input on the packaging? I hate when discs are packaged so that they can be damaged upon removal/ re-insertion. Can you get feedback to the people responsible for these (likely you already have)? Or is this just a form of planned obsolescence: the powers-that-be looking for ways to increase the bottom line by getting additional sales when we have to replace our discs down the road after they develop playback problems?

I never have packaging input,. but I would hazard a guess that this is not done to cause problems but from a use of eco-packaging as opposed to plastics.
I will ask Markus what the thinking behind it is and see what I get back.

Hey- Love the music/mix. Absolutely HATE the packaging; the disc is set in way too tight. I felt I was damaging the disc the first time I took it out, let alone when I do it over and over. I don't mind the case style, it's just that there have been other similar packages where the disc slides out so easily. Still, a must have for Levin, et. al. fans.

Hey- Love the music/mix. Absolutely HATE the packaging; the disc is set in way too tight. I felt I was damaging the disc the first time I took it out, let alone when I do it over and over. I don't mind the case style, it's just that there have been other similar packages where the disc slides out so easily. Still, a must have for Levin, et. al. fans.

I haven't ordered the disc, and obviously not seen the packaging, but it reminds me of the packaging on NeYo's last cd " RED ". It's a tall thin card, if you don't damage the disc, you'll almost certainly rip the packaging, at some point !
Why cut costs like this !! ?? ( and still find, in this instance, paying £20 + ?? ) Not very good really !

Outstanding. Great players, interesting and elaborate arrangements. Sonically it's fantastic with a well organized, balanced, and very discrete mix. The material is quite reminiscent of stage 2 Crimson to be sure.

This is a gem. 10 all the way.

This was a really pleasant surprise. Great sonics, as noted above lots of similiarities to KC albums like Discipline, and a solid mix. I bought this one on a flier to support surround more generally but I've found myself pulling this one off of the shelf for repeated listens. Recommended!

Okay, how the hell did someone give this a 1?

I really liked the surround mix on this, no problems with my Oppo BDP-93 with my initial play, and the live show/tour documentary is a treat (2.0 however). Watching them do the Firebird Suite is amazing..and I agree with everyone about the packaging, ripped this to ISO for my media player (Smart D-1) the first time I took it out for future playbacks.

This was a really pleasant surprise. Great sonics, as noted above lots of similiarities to KC albums like Discipline, and a solid mix. I bought this one on a flier to support surround more generally but I've found myself pulling this one off of the shelf for repeated listens. Recommended!

Okay, how the hell did someone give this a 1?

Jon is kindly redoing the database this weekend...and sorting out the stupid one vote drama (all from the same person) that permeates many of the polls

Performance, recording, mix - all stellar. I especially enjoyed the video performance/tour diary albeit in 2.0. These are not songs you hum - by the nature of the instrumentation, this is heavy on the groove - it makes a strong impact while listening but doesn't necessarily stick (no pun intended) for very long after. A strong 9.

A nice BIG TENNER from me (packaging issues aside)
A REAL Surround mix, excellent material and on top of that an almost full concert...being a Stick Player myself, makes me a fanboy too...saw them opening for PT back in 2009 when Michael Bernier was the other Stick man...remember Tony announced "Now we're gonna play a version of the "Rite of Spring" , and I went " WHAAT????", later he corrected himself...don't know if he did it on purpose or the "cannabisized" air had got to him..:)

Photo on 2013-07-22 at 11.59.jpg

That me holding up the "autographed" Special preview CD version of Soup I got in the concert....yes , it's that hot in Madrid...

Listened to this again last night. Excellent sound, great music, especially when it hits a groove. 8 for the music, 9 for the sound, 10 for the extras with the excellent video (I haven't listened to the Spanish and Italian songs yet!). 9 overall.

Slightly annoying packaging as tight fit. Is that a teddy bear on the cover? That's what I see it as anyway!

Listened to this again last night. Excellent sound, great music, especially when it hits a groove. 8 for the music, 9 for the sound, 10 for the extras with the excellent video (I haven't listened to the Spanish and Italian songs yet!). 9 overall.

Slightly annoying packaging as tight fit. Is that a teddy bear on the cover? That's what I see it as anyway!

I haven't got the discs yet, but from pics I thought it was something bubbling up from... the Deep.

So- this is a dvd-a? I just ordered it from amazon and they describe it as a DTS mix. I'm cool w/ that, but even better if it's dvd-a.

Back