Matrix Quad CD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some quad matrix cds by the Bellaphon label:

Bellaphon.JPG

sadly some of pictures impossible to read titles.
what is this one Black Sabbath in the bottom row?
and next to BS, pretty familiar cover art but can't recall.

The Black Sabbath CD is called "Past Lives" released in 2002. A portion of it was recorded by King Biscuit Flower Hour and broadcast in quad. The CD next to it is the Taj-Mahal Travelers - "July 15, 1972".

To clarify: "Hole in the Sky", " Symptom of the Universe" and "Meglomania" are the only three songs on "Past Lives" taken from the King Biscuit show. However, the entire Black Sabbath KBFH show is fairly easy to find if you look.

Which CD version of "Tab" is matrix Quad? Special edition what?

The 76 U.S. remix is widely believed to be qs encoded, previous posts on QQ have this info, and one had MO MOORE quote this mix as being quad encoded.

In addition RECYCLED is thought also to be encoded but the matrix is unknown (sansui or sq)

The Black Sabbath is Quad? I never noticed that. No hints of quad in the booklet.

-Kristian

Hi. ALL
Here is my SQ Matrix CD`S the Santana was a boot leg CD bought it about 3 years ago didn`t now that it was at the time.
Bill..
View attachment 17390

Great Pic! (y)

How does that Chase/Pure Music Blu-Spec pan out? I got a CD reissue of it (not Blu-Spec and not Mini LP packaging, just jewel case) that had the same Yellow OBI with SQ logo as in your photo but it does absolutely zilch in PLII Music and worse still the mastering is bright and unpleasant.

Also, I have the John Williams/Aranjuez on an old CBS Masterworks CD with different artwork to the one in your photo.. and its really lovely in PLII, I much prefer the soundfield to the Surround SACD (that cost me 10 times as much as the old CD! D'oh!) :eek:

Oh and what's the catalogue number of your Blow By Blow CD that's SQ-encoded please?

Hi Fredblue
This is the first time I have done a test between my SQ Chase Pure Music LP & the Blu- Spec CD and I have come to the conclusion that the Blu- Spec CD is not a SQ matrix copy, very unhappy so it looks like I`ll have to the same with the rest of my Blu- Spec CD and compare them.
The Jeff Beck Blow By Blow is Manufactured in Australia photo below

20150309_105019.jpg

Fred: Not every C. King "Music" is the encoded variety....I believe we had a separate thread on it before if you do a search which will lead you to the item number. I found the CD without much trouble at normal prices. John

Is that the "Chronicles" mid-90's CD of Synergy? The QS-encode on that disc is wonderful thru PLII Music (I can only begin to imagine how good it is properly decoded).

Fred: Not every C. King "Music" is the encoded variety....I believe we had a separate thread on it before if you do a search which will lead you to the item number. I found the CD without much trouble at normal prices. John

Thank you John :)
Now I'm curious if anyone here has tried out the MFSL SACD of this album to see if it's encoded?

The Black Sabbath is Quad? I never noticed that. No hints of quad in the booklet.

-Kristian

Only the three songs I mention in post #65 are quad. They were taken from the KBFH show recorded in Asbury Park, NJ on August 5, 1975.

Back