eBay "Shockers" discussion (formerly Shocker Log)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly..
ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED NINETY SEVEN DOLLARS FOR AN SACD? (which I really don't think is that good..please excuse me Scorpions fans...):mad:@::mad:@::mad:@::mad:@:

Crisis...What crisis?????

Honestly..
ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED NINETY SEVEN DOLLARS FOR AN SACD? (which I really don't think is that good..please excuse me Scorpions fans...):mad:@::mad:@::mad:@::mad:@:
[/B][/I]

I'd agree there. The prices on the Shocker Log relate more to the popularity of the album than the Quality of the disc or surround mix.
I would go for #21 - Ship Ahoy by the O' Jays ahead of the Scorpions SACD!

I sold a 2nd copy of the Roxy Music - Avalon SACD for $150 US a couple of months ago...:eek:

I see that the Kraftwerk -Minimum Maximum SACD has now gone stratospheric in price....:yikes

Interesting that the La Luna went for only $113....

I sold a 2nd copy of the Roxy Music - Avalon SACD for $150 US a couple of months ago...:eek:

I see that the Kraftwerk -Minimum Maximum SACD has now gone stratospheric in price....:yikes

Interesting that the La Luna went for only $113....

I got the Kraftwerk on DVD (BOTH versions) from amaz*n at NORMAL prices a few months ago! I'd NEVER bothered getting the SACD!!!

I've only got 33 of that list of 76 shockers! :yikes I'm a shocker slacker! :eek:

at this point it feels like of those shockers I'm actively bothered about finding, only the Lovebox, Scorpions & Sarah Brightman's are really on my hit list and they feel very much out of reach now.

things like the Talk Talk's, Duran Duran, Kraftwerk, would be nice but not essential and certainly not worth what they regularly go for (to me anyway).

for the $1597 of that Scorpions SACD I could get about 100 of the SACDs on my sa-cd.net wishlist, I know what I'd rather have!

I'd agree there. The prices on the Shocker Log relate more to the popularity of the album than the Quality of the disc or surround mix.
I would go for #21 - Ship Ahoy by the O' Jays ahead of the Scorpions SACD!

I think availability in the USA is a factor too, lots of SACDs on the shocker list never made it out over there.. Scorpions, Groove Armada, Sarah Brightman, Kraftwerk, Talk Talk, etc..

Seriously tempted to rip my entire collection to 5.1 FLAC and sell it all, based on this!

YUP....:D

I just need that Oppo 105 now....

If you get the Oppo 105, be sure to use the USB drives to play those DSD Files/Downloads - not the network. The Oppo's network implementation doesn't support DSD over USB (DoP) yet. (Ugh).
Maybe on the next generation Oppos?

Thanks for that, Brian.

I stopped doing the old style shocker log a few years ago. It was too much to keep up with, and it got so big that the forum software could not handle the tables.

Thanks for that, Brian.

I stopped doing the old style shocker log a few years ago. It was too much to keep up with, and it got so big that the forum software could not handle the tables.

Glad to jump in.

On the forum software, yes I learned that the list must be kept under 100k in size and can only be in certain formats.
So that may be trickier than keeping the list up in the future! :)

Here's the High Resolution Audio Shocker Log for October 2013. In this one, I'm showing listings on both Amazon.Com as well as eBay. (Some shockers there as well).

Interesting to see a number of new entries this month. And a drop in price for the Scorpions SACD. I suspect that has something to do with the recent Blu-Ray release of that recording.
We will probably see a similar trend when the Creedence Clearwater Revival and Rolling Stones SACD Remasters appear on the Super Hi Rez DSD Downloads site in the near future.

1. Lang Lang - First Piano Concertos - Surround - DGG - $3,768.71
  2. Rolling Stones - Complete 16 SACD Remastered Set - Stereo - ABKCO - $3,490.00
  3. Toto - Hydra - Stereo - Columbia - $2,752.89
  4. Kraftwerk - Minimum/Maximum - Surround - Capitol - $1,999.85
  5. Charles Aznavour - Complete 10 SACD Set - Stereo/Surround - EMI - $1,299.00

Attachments

• Hi Rez Shocker Log - Final - Oct 2013.pdf
    100.4 KB · Views: 143
Mmmm yeah, but anybody can set ridiculous prices...

namlook.gif

More interesting if people actually pay that kind of money...?
(hint: in the above example, I'd go for the 24.99 € version ;-))

Back