Some VIDEO COLLECTION you may not know are true 5.1 mixes!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...is all I can say.
I never bought this DVD. What I could have missed.
Thanks for your comment...that gave me the kick to order it.
Absolute FANTASTIC 5.1 mix and overall soundstage!
The best LZ 5.1 output I know !

Great great great!
:worthy:worthy:worthy:banana::banana::banana:

oh goodie goodie goodie goodie goodie!!! ordered one on monday...can't wait to hear No Quarter...excited to hear these songs with a different spin....

I didn't see this one listed here but Alien Ant Farm's "BUSted" has all discrete 5.1 mixes specially created for the DVD. It includes there remake of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal".

Attachments

• alien.jpg
    alien.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 268
Yes, that's the right one. :)

I just wanted to post a "thank you" for everyone who mentioned/recommended this disc ("No Quater" by Page and Plant) - it arrived yesterday and I played it last night and really, really enjoyed it. The surround is pretty good but the re-worked Zep classics were wonderful and it would be worth having for those alone. Very impressive. Thanks again!

I just wanted to post a "thank you" for everyone who mentioned/recommended this disc ("No Quater" by Page and Plant) - it arrived yesterday and I played it last night and really, really enjoyed it. The surround is pretty good but the re-worked Zep classics were wonderful and it would be worth having for those alone. Very impressive. Thanks again!

Ditto!

Thanks for the tip everyone!

Just giving it a spin tonight. Awesome! :cool:

alright, I'm back with my review of "Love Songs" dvd.

It is definitely in 5.1, my receiver automatically switches over and you can hear all 5 speakers active. However, 95% of the audio is double-stereo but there odd little moments, such as talking/acting on some videos, where it has been "frankenstiened" together, relying on panning. For instance, The Right Kind of Lover- Patti LaBelle which is an aweful song, that starts with some interviews with fuzz in between the characters. The talking is in the center and the fuzz appears in all 5 speakers. So, they took the time to mix it, but the music is just doubled in front and back and made mono for the center. I checked all the videos and they are the same treatment.... I expect the same from the 'sequel' VOL II. , which I got for 1$.

I expected this... but you are never truly prepared.

724.gif

Back