ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to be surfing amazon(which I do multiple times a day) and stumbled on one of my favorite blu ray concerts at a great price HERE for under $10 you can have this one(including shipping costs)...if you don't have this one you are missing out on some good music in a great setting...

Holy Kwap - bought this on someone's recommendation on Ebay about 2 weeks ago, not had a chance to sit down to listen...........Snood bought a Jeff beck Cd from him and he messaged me about checking out this bluray, Snoodwent head bought it. Weird :mad:@:

Got this song in heavy rotation around house of Snood

It by Bahamas called "All the Time"

Enjoy

[video=youtube;bc2_PwTUJag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc2_PwTUJag[/video]

Snood better get some thanks and likes clicks for this turn on :banana:

In the latest Rolling Stone magazine...issue 1222 dated Nov 20th...there is extensive coverage of Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes release...and some cool photo's of THE BAND...THE BAND keyboardist Garth Hudson was the engineer of the Basement sessions and the keeper of the tapes for decades...."Hudson Laid out the boxes on his front lawn. Inside were 40 reels of music...it was a little overwhelming" check this out

I happen to check my pre order status on amazon uk for Warchild and I noticed the price has dropped for those that didn't pre order HERE 15.74 pounds which is under $25 for US customers...I had combined this order with trilogy so I could reduce my shipping costs...speaking of Trilogy..although it's been pushed back to Feb it's very inexpensive HERE

I happen to check my pre order status on amazon uk for Warchild and I noticed the price has dropped for those that didn't pre order HERE 15.74 pounds which is under $25 for US customers...I had combined this order with trilogy so I could reduce my shipping costs...speaking of Trilogy..although it's been pushed back to Feb it's very inexpensive HERE

You're killing me man. So, what about that Trilogy? Does it come with a Multi-Channel mix? I see it says CD/DVD. Any ideas my good man? If it does....I am so all over it.

You're killing me man. So, what about that Trilogy? Does it come with a Multi-Channel mix? I see it says CD/DVD. Any ideas my good man? If it does....I am so all over it.

LOL - OK, talking to myself now. I read a little info on this and it appears to include a 5.1 Hi-Rez DVD-A.

So, I went to Big River UK and pre-ordered......WoW!!! I love ELP...

So, the owner of this original thread (Clint) asked me to share some of my music stories (which, I generally have a lot of) as we have chatted on other forums over the last MANY years....

I'll toss them out ever once in a while. Nothing earth shattering. Just comments, experiences, etc.

So, I'll start off by saying that the very first concert I attended was in 1976 (or was it 1977?). My pappy took me to see Peter Frampton at Horton Field House in Normal, Illinois. It was an amazing experience for me...being my first rock concert. Looking back on it, I cannot believe my dad took me. They were passing joints all around, fights down on the main floor, cops dragging stoners out... IT WAS AWESOME! That concert changed me forever.... and ever since, I've been a music junkie and can thank my dad for that.

What I find very interesting about my younger years and my love of music is that I was mostly clueless about the history of these "rock stars" of my era. Imagine, no MTV, no internet, no nothing. All I had was either the little 45's, which hardly ever had pictures, or my LP's which were my treasures because, only there could I get a small glimpse into who they were. Same with Peter Frampton...all I knew was he had a monster hit on the radio and I couldn't wait to go see that in person.

Did I have ANY clue that he was already famous from Humble Pie? Nope...had I even heard of them at that point? Nope. Amazing. Did I realize that he actually was an amazing artist with excellent song writing skills and a flat out killer guitar player? Nope...all I knew was holy cow, I heard these songs on the radio and now I get to see him live. What a feeling!

Another thread got me in a Beatles frame of mind...not that it takes much...and I realized that I hadn't played any Beatles music for a long time...I concentrate and live for hi rez music...so I busted out my trusty Mono Box Set from the 2009 remastering and started with Sgt Peppers and now I'm knee deep in Revolver...Eleanor Rigby..what a song...so sad and yet so revealing...a generation of people looking for meaning in their lives....people looking for answers....for such a short song it gets right to the point doesn't it...such emotion it evokes...some of the videos you see associated with this song scream with anguish and personal loss...for a song to deal so directly with death and loneliness from such a high profile band was quite a shock for many in the 60's when peace and love were the themes...especially given the Beatles earlier songs of love and happiness... consider this verse "Eleanor Rigby died in the church and was buried along with her name....Nobody came"...it doesn't get any more lonely and hopeless than that...she left nothing behind and nobody showed up or cared that she was gone...

And Father McKenzie appears on the same road as Eleanor traveled...writing sermons that no one will hear and darning his socks in the night alone(nobody's there") even though Father McKenzie doesn't die his life is reduced to loneliness and epic failures like this one "Father McKenzie wiping the dirt from his hands as he walks from the grave....No one was saved"

In the UK Eleanor Rigby..which was released on Revolver and a double A sided single....reached number one in the charts for 4 weeks..in the US it only reached the 11th spot...I wonder if the social situation in the US was a factor...a country torn apart by an unpopular war in Vietnam and social rebellion spilling over in the songs of the era...nobody wanted to be reminded of death as too many Americans were returning home in body bags from a small country in Southeast Asia that nobody but an overzealous president was concerned with...

I'm going to continue my Beatles journey today....some many songs...so little time..I hope others relate their Beatle experiences..I'm sure there are many...I'd be curious to hear the UK views on the impact of the Beatles

Another thread got me in a Beatles frame of mind...not that it takes much...and I realized that I hadn't played any Beatles music for a long time...

The CD's and/or 48/24 don't sound NEARLY as good as a 45 from back then....I gt a bunch of Beatles 45 (and they are SPANISH pressings!) and they BLEW the rereleases CLEAN!!!
Vinyl is the way to go!!!!

Just my opinion

my pre orders @ £15.96 delv. & £8.70 delv. couldn't Not order at those prices :wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back