Surround Mixing help? My own band's stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It seems like the main focus for this forum is stereo-->surround conversion.

I'm just checking to see if any mixing enthusiasts around here have any interest in working on multi-track material out of the kindness of their heart, just for fun (and maybe glory).

I have multi-tracks for quite a number of songs I've recorded over the years. I've never liked how the stereo mixes turned out (some mixes have been ok, but nothing wonderful). The recordings are of dubious quality, so we'd be talking 44.1/16 DTS 5.1, probably. I'd love to hear improved stereo too, of course.

Maybe try one or two songs and see how it goes?

I hope to get up and running recording new songs in hi-def soon and I'd like to learn to mix myself, but who knows when or if that will happen.

I own the copyright for this material, so hopefully this is ok to post here? Well, there are some covers, but we don't have to involve any of those if it's a problem legally. I've never been too savvy about that kind of thing (though I think it's ok if you don't sell them and I never have).

If this isn't the best place to seek this kind of collaboration, does anybody have recommendations for an appropriate forum or site?

Thanks

Last edited:
The Surround Sound Musicians Studio might be the most appropriate forum on QQ, as I understand you want to actually mix and not convert.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?74-Multi-Channel-Musicians-Studio

Tim, (Timbre4) may be interested in mixing? I think he does some surround mixing of his own stuff as well. Or perhaps professionals like Giancarlo (nosound) or Jim (jimfisheye) might be interested, when they are not caught in other projects at the moment.

What kind of music do you make?

Rock of various flavors. Some poppy stuff, some hard rock. A tinge of prog and metal occasionally.
I think if you took the best of my 3 existing albums a pretty darn compelling effort could be put together.

Back