Andy Jackson's "73 Days At Sea" in 5.1 released 29 January 2016

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
Hiya Andy, As a freelancer............what is going to be your next project. Hopefully something to do with 5.1?? Anything in the works?? ............spill the beans Andy!!! :banana:

BTW - sorry you got shafted on the grammys.......U deserved it much more. I guess maybe if the fellas in Pink Floyd wore frilly outfits, danced & lip synched and put out more danceable top 40 hits that all the koo kids ages 10 to 14 liked, well then you would have been a shoo in. :howl

Please keep up the good work - your efforts, whether they be as musician or 5.1 mixing, are greatly appreciated by all of us here :snoodhug:

You think it's finished!! There's always bits & pieces that go after the album, disc 2 stuff (videos etc)

But yes, almost. Doing a bit of mastering but trying to focus as much as possible on my album, got a couple of exciting guests lined up

Can you give us an estimation when your next work might be ready to hit the marketplace?

Andy, will you be doing another surround mix for your new album, I sure hope so?

Any hints to who the special guests are?

Surround, yes, I guess I'll go quad again, I was happy with that last time

Guests, I'll announce them once they're actually on the album, neither of them have actually done anything yet

Guests, I'll announce them once they're actually on the album, neither of them have actually done anything yet

This is great news, Andy! I felt that the quad mix of your last album was just perfect. I love the material as well. In fact, I've been turning the album on to a bunch of my friends, one of whom said it sounds like a long lost Floyd album, a high compliment indeed! Keep 'em coming in quad...

This is great news, Andy! I felt that the quad mix of your last album was just perfect. I love the material as well. In fact, I've been turning the album on to a bunch of my friends, one of whom said it sounds like a long lost Floyd album, a high compliment indeed! Keep 'em coming in quad...

Maybe it's a long lost Genesis album ;)

You tease...LOL! Hey, give me their number...I have a lot of influence on the music industry. :yikes

I kid, I kid. But anyway - sounds awesome.

Sorry to seem furtive, just don't want to announce someone if it ends up that I don't use what they do!

Just seen this, a follow up to the excellent Signal to Noise, coming next January :sun

"Andy Jackson-73 days at Sea--2Cd only, album plus 5.1 surround mixWith special guests on the "epic track" David Jackson (ex VDGG) and Anne Marie Helder.*A wonderful new studio album by Grammy Award winning engineer and Pink Floyd co-producer ANDY JACKSON – 73 Days at Sea.This eagerly awaited follow up to his acclaimed debut album Signal to Noise (2014) is a fine collection of songs linked by a "sea" theme."

I can't find any more details at the moment.

Brilliant, and I'm a big fan of Panic Room (Anne Marie Helder) & VDGG, looks like 2016 is shaping up already :cool:

Just seen this, a follow up to the excellent Signal to Noise, coming next January :sun

"Andy Jackson-73 days at Sea--2Cd only, album plus 5.1 surround mixWith special guests on the "epic track" David Jackson (ex VDGG) and Anne Marie Helder.*A wonderful new studio album by Grammy Award winning engineer and Pink Floyd co-producer ANDY JACKSON – 73 Days at Sea.This eagerly awaited follow up to his acclaimed debut album Signal to Noise (2014) is a fine collection of songs linked by a "sea" theme."

I can't find any more details at the moment.

Some more details about this that were in the latest Prog magazine that arrived yesterday. Andy Jackson's new album will be released on January 29. It will have 10 tracks, including a 17 minute one called Drownings which features David Jackson and Anne Marie Helder :).

Andy - if you're out there - I loved Signal To Noise, is 73 Days At Sea more of the same musically? Cheeky question - do you ever have the temptation to ask David Gilmour to guest on your albums?

Mine turned up as well, but I missed that, found it now, top right on page 14!

Some more details about this that were in the latest Prog magazine that arrived yesterday. Andy Jackson's new album will be released on January 29. It will have 10 tracks, including a 17 minute one called Drownings which features David Jackson and Anne Marie Helder :).

Andy - if you're out there - I loved Signal To Noise, is 73 Days At Sea more of the same musically? Cheeky question - do you ever have the temptation to ask David Gilmour to guest on your albums?

Hi people. Yes this is right, pretty much what it says. To answer questions, yes it's the same sort of gist as the last one, all me apart from David & A-M, except this one is continuous music (not separate songs). & no I'm not tempted to ask DG, it'd be good marketing but I don't need another guitarist ;-)

Hi people. Yes this is right, pretty much what it says. To answer questions, yes it's the same sort of gist as the last one, all me apart from David & A-M, except this one is continuous music (not separate songs). & no I'm not tempted to ask DG, it'd be good marketing but I don't need another guitarist ;-)

Hi Andy, When will it be up for pre-orders?

Back