Anthony Phillips "Sides" 3-CD/1-DVD Deluxe Edition Coming Soon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
We don't even have "Wise After the Event" yet, and already there's an amazon.co.uk listing for yet ANOTHER Anthony Phillips deluxe edition, this time for his 1979 album "Sides". Release is currently set for April 15th of this year. No definitive news yet on a 5.1 surround mix, but it does say DVD, and so I think it's somewhat safe to say that this one will also follow the trend currently set by "The Geese & The Ghost" and "Wise After The Event".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SIDES-1DVD-DELUXE-CLAMSHELL-BOXSET/dp/B01AWF28H0/ :banana:

We don't even have "Wise After the Event" yet, and already there's an amazon.co.uk listing for yet ANOTHER Anthony Phillips deluxe edition, this time for his 1979 album "Sides". Release is currently set for April 15th of this year. No definitive news yet on a 5.1 surround mix, but it does say DVD, and so I think it's somewhat safe to say that this one will also follow the trend currently set by "The Geese & The Ghost" and "Wise After The Event".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SIDES-1DVD-DELUXE-CLAMSHELL-BOXSET/dp/B01AWF28H0/ :banana:

Thanks, I love that album :banana:

I thought I'd e-mail Cherry Red/Esoteric and ask whether the DVD contains a 5.1 mix - I'll post what comes back.

according to SPIN :

https://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/s-n-a-c-k-benefit-kezar-stadium-sf-23rd-march-1975-cd-48077

This deluxe edition features a new stereo mix of the album, a newly re-mastered version of the original album stereo mix and a CD of demos, out-takes and extras. The set also includes a DVD (NTSC – Region Free) of a new 5.1 Surround Sound Mix of the record and a lavishly illustrated booklet with a new essay by Jon Dann featuring interviews with Anthony Phillips and Rupert Hine (the album’s producer).

Just pre ordered this one...I noticed there was a price drop...24.41 pounds=$34.83...don't know if I will keep this one...if it's a Steven Wilson "special" then I will keep it...if it's somebody else...not sure...but plenty of time to research it....April 15th release date...let the games begin!

Just pre ordered this one...I noticed there was a price drop...24.41 pounds=$34.83...don't know if I will keep this one...if it's a Steven Wilson "special" then I will keep it...if it's somebody else...not sure...but plenty of time to research it....April 15th release date...let the games begin!

Same price for me - I pre-ordered as well. I knew I couldn't stop myself....

It's not Steven Wilson who remixed this one. It should be the same guys who remixed "The Geese & The Ghost" into surround last year, and I'm pretty sure they are also the ones who should be behind the upcoming reissue of "Wise After the Event". That being said, if these two upcoming surround releases are anything like "The Geese & The Ghost", then they will definitely be worth having! :)

It's not Steven Wilson who remixed this one. It should be the same guys who remixed "The Geese & The Ghost" into surround last year, and I'm pretty sure they are also the ones who should be behind the upcoming reissue of "Wise After the Event". That being said, if these two upcoming surround releases are anything like "The Geese & The Ghost", then they will definitely be worth having! :)

I kinda thought that was the case...I'll have to think about this one..unlike most on the forum..much of the progressive music isn't my cup of tea..BUT...the Steven Wilson mixes are just so good they are worth the purchase..I'll listen to some music samples first before I make the decision...

I kinda thought that was the case...I'll have to think about this one..unlike most on the forum..much of the progressive music isn't my cup of tea..BUT...the Steven Wilson mixes are just so good they are worth the purchase..I'll listen to some music samples first before I make the decision...

For those that have Spotify (or another streaming service), there's tracks from both albums ("Wise After the Event" and "Sides") that can be listened to as part of the compilation "Harvest of the Heart", so that's an excellent way to check out songs from both albums before purchasing. :)

Here's the Burning Shed preorder link for this set: https://www.burningshed.com/store/progressive/product/465/7254/

A deluxe and definitive 2016 Esoteric label re-issue of Anthony Phillips 1979 album (3 CD/1 DVD in a clamshell box).

Produced by Rupert Hine, the album was the most commercial offering yet from Phillips, yet still delivered Progressive ambition and epics as before.

The album's guest players included Michael Giles, John Hackett and John G Perry.

This deluxe edition features a 2016 stereo mix of the album, a re-mastered version of the 1979 stereo mix, a CD of demos, out-takes and extras, and a DVD (NTSC Region Free) of a 2016 5.1 Surround Sound Mix of the album.

The lavishly illustrated booklet includes an essay by Jonathan Dann featuring interviews with Anthony Phillips and Rupert Hine.

Pre-order for 15th April release.

CD 1 - 2016 STEREO MIX:

1. UM & AARGH
2. I WANT YOUR LOVE
3. LUCY WILL
4. SIDE DOOR
5. HOLY DEADLOCK
6. SOUVENIR
7. SISTERS OF REMINDUM
8. BLEAK HOUSE
9. MAGDALEN
10. NIGHTMARE

CD 2 - DEMOS, OUT-TAKES AND EXTRAS:

1. UM & AARGH (INSTRUMENTAL MIX)
2. I WANT YOUR LOVE
(INSTRUMENTAL MIX)
3. SISTERS OF REMINDUM
(ALTERNATIVE MIX)
4. LUCY WILL (ORIGINAL MIX)
5. MAGDALEN (INSTRUMENTAL MIX)
6. SIDE DOOR (ORIGINAL MIX)
7. UM & AARGH (7â€￾ SINGLE VERSION)
8. SOUVENIR (INSTRUMENTAL MIX)
9. BLEAK HOUSE (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
10. NIGHTMARE (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
11. CATCH YOU WHEN YOU FALL (INSTRUMENTAL MIX)
12. BEFORE THE NIGHT (DEMO)

CD 3 - THE ORIGINAL 1979 STEREO MIX RE-MASTERED:

1. UM & AARGH
2. I WANT YOUR LOVE
3. LUCY WILL
4. SIDE DOOR
5. HOLY DEADLOCK
6. SOUVENIR
7. SISTERS OF REMINDUM
8. BLEAK HOUSE
9. MAGDALEN
10. NIGHTMARE

DVD - THE 2016 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX:

1. UM & AARGH
2. I WANT YOUR LOVE
3. LUCY WILL
4. SIDE DOOR
5. HOLY DEADLOCK
6. SOUVENIR
7. SISTERS OF REMINDUM
8. BLEAK HOUSE
9. MAGDALEN
10. NIGHTMARE

Here's a packshot of the "Sides" deluxe edition that will be released in April:
12832467_10153991098154814_5677722273402281773_n.jpg

:)

Just got an email this morning from Burning Shed that my copy of "Sides" is on its way, so hopefully it should be here next week. Can't wait to hear it! :)

Hmmm - I didn't get an email.... Oops, or maybe I ordered from Amazon UK?? See? I can't remember...

I'm looking forward to the GOS "What Are You Waiting On" post, as it'll probably have some items listed twice :mad:@:. Has your plant "testing" in Argentina made you forgetful!

My order for this is with Amazon UK, so hopefully early next week. Amazon UK is getting a bit inconsistent, sometimes items come in the normal post and a Friday release can get to me Tuesday/Wednesday the following week. Whereas other times items are sent using Amazon's own (tracked) delivery and a Friday release can get to me as early as Saturday or even Sunday.

The last thing that I got from Amazon was the new Joe Bonamassa cd and I was really annoyed by that delivery. I pre ordered it 2 months ago, and it arrived Wednesday after the Friday release. However a friend from work also ordered it from Amazon UK, but only a week before release, and his arrived on the Saturday, one day after the release day :confused:

I'm looking forward to the GOS "What Are You Waiting On" post, as it'll probably have some items listed twice :mad:@:. Has your plant "testing" in Argentina made you forgetful!

My order for this is with Amazon UK, so hopefully early next week. Amazon UK is getting a bit inconsistent, sometimes items come in the normal post and a Friday release can get to me Tuesday/Wednesday the following week. Whereas other times items are sent using Amazon's own (tracked) delivery and a Friday release can get to me as early as Saturday or even Sunday.

The last thing that I got from Amazon was the new Joe Bonamassa cd and I was really annoyed by that delivery. I pre ordered it 2 months ago, and it arrived Wednesday after the Friday release. However a friend from work also ordered it from Amazon UK, but only a week before release, and his arrived on the Saturday, one day after the release day :confused:

OK, yeah....I ordered from Amazon UK. :)
And yes, it's very possible that Argentina trip made me forgetful.....so glad to be home!

I ordered my copy direct from Cherry Red, but no e-mail yet :( and I've found the same with amazon, I stopped using Prime as the next day delivery was 3+ days, and now the 'free' delivery can take a week as they don't ship quickly (n)

I listened to "Sides" about ten times now.
This is a superb release. The surround mix is wonderful and I like the songs very much.

The best 5.1 release so far this year!

Agreed, I've listened to it lots too. The surround mix is demo quality, absolutely superb. And I love the songs as well!

Back