King Crimson concert CD/Blu-ray, Live In Takamatsu

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
DGMLive.com has the following news item:

Robert Fripp reveals work is progressing on the King Crimson full-length, in-concert CD/Blu-ray, Live In Takamatsu, which will be available later this year. Joining Fripp and Singleton in DGMHQ today, is producer Chris Porter.

Fingers crossed that a 5.1 mix will be available with the blu-ray.

Checking setlist.fm, it appears that the Takamatsu concert was on December 19, 2015. The setlist for the evening was:

Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One
Pictures of a City
Peace: An End
Radical Action (To Unseat the Hold of Monkey Mind)
Meltdown
Radical Action (To Unseat the Hold of Monkey Mind)
Level Five
Epitaph
Hell Hounds of Krim
The ConstruKction of Light
A Scarcity of Miracles
Red
Banshee Legs Bell Hassle
Easy Money
The Talking Drum
Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two
Starless
Encore:
The Court of the Crimson King
21st Century Schizoid Man

Some photos from the editing studio:

VidPic1.jpg
VidPic2.jpg
VidPic3.jpg

Let's state the obvious...a band like KC would NEVER put out a concert blu-ray and not include 5.1. No chance....nada...zip...zilch. :banana:

Let's state the obvious...a band like KC would NEVER put out a concert blu-ray and not include 5.1. No chance....nada...zip...zilch. :banana:

Let's hope you're right, GOS... I don't like to assume anything when it comes to Fripp, haha!

Anyway, the Eyes Wide Open DVD has an absolutely phenomenal live surround mix, so I'm hoping they approach this with a similar mentality.

King Crimson have been talking about putting out a full 'Elements' concert (surround included) since the beginning of 2015. I think they were originally supposed to do this with a full concert from the 2014 US tour, but not only will this release be better because of the video element (no shows in 2014 were filmed AFAIK) but from what I have read, the band seem to think that the 2015 performances were even better, so here's to hoping this will be one heck of a live release! :)

King Crimson have been talking about putting out a full 'Elements' concert (surround included) since the beginning of 2015. I think they were originally supposed to do this with a full concert from the 2014 US tour, but not only will this release be better because of the video element (no shows in 2014 were filmed AFAIK) but from what I have read, the band seem to think that the 2015 performances were even better, so here's to hoping this will be one heck of a live release! :)

From what I've heard the 2015 performances were even better than 2014 and there were additional songs played.

Isn't this new bluray likely to be part of the predicted multi disc set, which, according to a Jakko interview that I heard on the radio was going to include audio versions of all of the various songs that they played on the tour plus a video of a complete concert in Japan :cool:.

And I think with Jakko involved this is bound to be in surround :sun

From what I've heard the 2015 performances were even better than 2014 and there were additional songs played.

Isn't this new bluray likely to be part of the predicted multi disc set, which, according to a Jakko interview that I heard on the radio was going to include audio versions of all of the various songs that they played on the tour plus a video of a complete concert in Japan :cool:.

And I think with Jakko involved this is bound to be in surround :sun

Well if this is going to actually be a Blu-Ray disc, then they certainly are not only afforded the opportunity to present everything in its highest resolution, but they probably have lots of space to include extra audio tracks not performed in Japan, so let's hope they continue to push the limits of what a format like Blu-Ray is capable of! Maybe they will also tack on the 'audio-only' option for the filmed performance like they did on the THRAK box set. Hope Springs Eternal! :)

Here's all the info for this new set titled "Radical Action To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind"! (Say that fast 10x…)

large6200.jpg

'This is King Crimson....re-imagined.' - Robert Fripp, June 2016

A comprehensive and immersive account of the 2015 live incarnation of the ever evolving entity that is the mighty King Crimson.

Featuring a 36 page booklet and presented in two double digipaks in an outer case, this limited edition version of Radical Action includes:

* Three CDs - presented as individually themed 'virtual studio albums' with no audible audience - featuring a representative example of every song/piece performed by King Crimson on its 2015 tours of the UK, Canada and Japan.

* Two DVDs featuring a complete concert performance in stereo and 5.1 surround

* One Blu-Ray featuring a complete concert performance in high-resolution stereo and 5.1 surround audio, complete with 'picture off' mode allowing the music to be heard independently in pristine, lossless audio. (24/48khz as per original recordings)

* Expanded, perfect bound 36 page booklet with additional tour photos.

All copies come with an exclusive postcard featuring the striking ‘cyclops’ cover artwork.

Pre-order for 2nd September release.

Audio/Video performances include:

Threshold Soundscape,
Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part One
Pictures of a City, Peace
Radical Action (to Unseat The Hold of Monkey Mind)
Meltdown, Radical Action II
Level Five, Epitaph
The Hell Hounds of Krim
The ConstruKction of Light
Scarcity of Miracles
Red, VROOOM
Banshee Legs Bell Hassle
Easy Money, Interlude
The Letters, Sailor's Tale
The Light of Day
The Talking Drum
Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part Two
Starless
Devil Dogs of Tessellation Row
In the Court of the Crimson King
21st Century Schizoid Man
Suitable Grounds for the Blues
One More Red Nightmare

There's also a 3 CD/Blu-Ray edition featuring a 20 page booklet and presented in two mini-vinyl style gatefold sleeves in an outer slipcase.

3 CD/Blu-Ray preorder: https://www.burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/product/313/7802/
3 CD/2 DVD/Blu-Ray preorder: https://www.burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/product/313/7804/

:) :banana: :cool:

ADDENDUM: http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=5559

Why no stand alone Blu? I care not for CDS that bump up the price. Shame.

Snood ordered tooooooooooooooo - only the 3 cd/BD edition tho :banana:

It is up on Amazon tooo already :mad:@:

If anyone's on the fence about getting this release, just watch this video! It's the full performance of "Easy Money" from the Blu-Ray concert film. Absolutely outstanding performance and audio mix! :)
[video=youtube;eOdk015mLEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOdk015mLEo[/video]

Back